I want candy... dun dada dada dun dun... I want candy

Usually not a fan of mint, but have been really enjoying York Peppermint Patties lately.

My daughter talked me into buying Mint flavored Oreos. They taste just like Thin Mints you get from the Girl Scouts.

Chicken Tikka Blackpool Rock
BvrkE7iIIAArtnr.jpg

http://stantonnovelty.com/products/rock-sticks/

May I introduce my new favourite chocolate:

14964871474_d8108039f2_o.jpg

Milk chocolate with pieces of soft, salty liquorice... yummy :) A real treat for people who enjoy the mixture of sweet and salty.

61833011_0_640x640.jpg

Is my personal, current favourite. The mint flavour is really nice and the chocolate itself isn't horribly sweet like most British chocolate.

We have chocolate covered Oreos - which apparently blows people's minds.
Oreo-Covered-Packages.jpg

I once found guava flavored candy in a Chinese store and it turns out that they are really nice. The quality isn't THAT great - some are a little wet in their pack, some packs are empty, but if you stumble across them: Try them.
http://candycorner.en.alibaba.com/p...ard_Candy_Center_Filled_Jam_Bonbon_Candy.html
It says they are filled, but they are not.

Last edited:
The white chocolate ones are not very good. The chocolate ones are very good...but not as good as the chocolate-covered Nutter Butters.

Chocolate, peanut butter and a peanut-butter cookie? What's wrong with you?

NutterButter-ChocCov.jpg

Last edited:
Just got a craving for a Prince Polo bar. Now to figure out where to buy one in SE Michigan.

May I introduce my new favourite chocolate:

14964871474_d8108039f2_o.jpg

Milk chocolate with pieces of soft, salty liquorice... yummy :) A real treat for people who enjoy the mixture of sweet and salty.

Thought of that when I saw this video, apparently some weirdos do not like liqorice!

Real licorice is one of the more vile flavors I have experienced in a candy, right up there with cinnamon.

Does "real" licorice taste like anise/fennel?

There are a whole bunch of different sorts of licorice. I prefer the salty-flavored ones that aren't too hard or too soft. Usually don't like the soft types. My personal favourite is this:

pack_sh_detail.png

Licorice seems to be a thing of northern Europe anyway. People in the south don't likt it that much. I guess it's a matter of if you grew up with it or not.

That's the stuff I'm talking about. A lot of people call Twizzlers et al. "licorice," not sure why.

This?

TAz3r9q.jpg

Those are great in small portions.

Yes, in the US it can be any flavor and still be called "licorice". In fact, I just bought some hoity toity grape licorice made from the juice of the grapes used to make Pino Grigio.

When it comes to black licorice, though...I feel like I'm definitely in the minority here in the US because I like it. I like black licorice (yes, even the salted stuff...as long as it's not too salty) and black jelly beans.

I would probably love that ice cream.

Black jelly beans seem about as popular as the banana Runts candy. (I love both)

Oh I love sweet licorice. The salty stuff is just weird though. I did have some licorice icecream once, it was basically sweet, but the crust had some salt crystals, which was actually rather exciting.

On a semi-related note: You should probably remember "Spunk" which was featured in one of the episodes. Jezza didn't like it.
5774540426600.jpg

Last edited: