I want candy... dun dada dada dun dun... I want candy

From our local Christmas market: Cocolate-covered fruits of all kinds:

Suessigkeiten_475px.jpg

The new Take 5 label design is horrible.

B&M have hard Jolly Ranchers 400G for ?1.99... They normally only have the shitty soft ones.

I bought 2 bags and destroyed my teeth.

Last edited:
Chocolate is being sold by the meter here now:

33065803416_2b07e9a8e0_k.jpg

So I finally had the opportunity to buy Tim Tams. Decided to get several flavors for the hell of it.

20170413_142800.jpg

An Australien friend sent me some a couple of years ago. Didn't like them much. Far too sweet. I guess you must have grown up with them.

Here's what I know about Tim Tams, they are very, very sweet. Why don't all Aussies have diabetes?
You don't automatically get Diabetes if you eat a lot of sugar. Additionally, I did some research, and Tim Tam contains roughly the same amount of carbs, but actually a little bit less sugar than a Mars bar (65/47 grams instead of 70/62 grams per 100 grams of product). If something is very sweet it doesn't automatically contain more sugar. ;)

You don't automatically get Diabetes if you eat a lot of sugar. Additionally, I did some research, and Tim Tam contains roughly the same amount of carbs, but actually a little bit less sugar than a Mars bar (65/47 grams instead of 70/62 grams per 100 grams of product). If something is very sweet it doesn't automatically contain more sugar. ;)

Do you know how I know you are German? :p

Well, I know exactly how you know that I am german: there was a sticker from the german post on the big package I sent you a couple of years ago.

What was that? Oh, apparently that wasn't the giveaway you referred to... :|

:p

I'm personally not a fan of super sweet stuff. I don't like candy bars, for example, or hard candies, starbursts, etc. It's just solid sugar. I do like dark chocolate though. I can't stand cake with frosting, unless it's whipped cream. Stuff like that.

I tried the white Tim Tams and they are pretty good, they didn't seem overly sweet for a chocolate covered cookie, but I'm not a fan of the caramel ones. I'm taking the other 2 packages to a family thing on Sunday, so I'll chime in on them next week.

Bought a package of these from the 50%-off post-holiday clearance shelf.

The best flavors are red and purple, but it's like 80% yellow and orange.

But you'll also notice that the printed colorful "eggs" on the package include green, but there's no photos of green jellybeans , nor are there any visible in the window. Amusingly, there *used* to be green about 5 years ago. And even though they've redesigned the packaging since then to the packaging shown above, they still include little egg/bean icons of green even though there's no green jelly beans.
1.jpg

Last edited:
Somebody bought me a bunch of Zagnuts. One of my all time favorites.