Icelandic offroader from Series 6 that Hammond was in

TopGearDog

Car(s)
Mondeo TDCI
TopGear fans may remember in series 6 episode 10 when Hammond was sent back to Iceland to film something better then the coupe cars they did earlier in that series. Well he found a proper offroad car and it was driven over a lake.

That very car is owned by G?sli Gunnar J?nsson who happens to live in my town and he parked it 50 meters from my house today to show all the guests in town that are here for an annual kids athletic event.

You might notice it has a slightly different paintjob but is very much the same car. So here's a little closer look....

ggj1.jpg

ggj2.jpg

ggj3.jpg

ggj4.jpg

ggj5.jpg

ggj6.jpg

ggj7.jpg

ggj8.jpg

It's actually a very small car when you stand next to it and it sounds friggin awesome in real life.

Anyway, i decided to put this in the photography section, if anyone feels it belongs anywhere else, feel free to move it.

Very cool! those tyres look as though they're completely flat!

^ I think that tyre is actually flat - the other three look more normally inflated.

^ I think that tyre is actually flat - the other three look more normally inflated.

IIRC they do this on purpose in Iceland to create even more insane massive levels of grip.

900ish hp means you like more grip

^that's his only offroad tyre :lol:

Bloody showoff. :D

Nice piece of kit there, and yeah that tyre does look very flat. they've got paddles on so the pressure can't be lowered too much. It looks very uncomfortable too.