Icetrack meet 2018. Time to ditch Lapland

Plane tickets acquired. 2 slovenians arriving wednesday evening (24th of january) in helsinki.

Can you please change my status to highly unlikely to attend. Unfortunately I cannot really get the time off for this at that time - There is an extremely important project that is ending around then with a fixed date that cannot be changed so I need to make sure I get that done.

Guys, I am desperately looking for a co-driver to get Lucille to Finnmeet. Any takers?

Dr_Grip;n3542508 said:
Guys, I am desperately looking for a co-driver to get Lucille to Finnmeet. Any takers?

Fuck I'd love to, but I doubt I'll get all those days off just with overtime.. assuming I need multiple days for the whole deal, not having read when it is even happening ;).

thomas;n3542716 said:
Fuck I'd love to, but I doubt I'll get all those days off just with overtime.. assuming I need multiple days for the whole deal, not having read when it is even happening ;).

Wednesday afternoon to Monday evening has been the initial plan/idea for him.

Last edited:
So I'd need 4 days off total, or 32hrs of overtime. Which I have. But again, knowing my company, I'm 97% sure that would be impossible to get approved.

You won't know until you ask - dooo eeet! :p

Well, company policy is that you're not supposed to take overtime in full days but rather go home earlier where possible etc. I have to fight for single days occasionally, like 2 per year. It'd have to be super slow at work and nobody sick and everything beyond just "good" to be even reasonable to ask. And all of that won't be remotely clear until best case scenario a week or so ahead of time. So not exactly the ideal planning scenario for Grip, or anyone ;)

Yeah, seemed to take them few months to get that reservation through, it seems. :p I wonder how long the delay is with schedule correction.. :D

To support the German faction and to bring over cheap beer, I'm flying to Berlin on Tuesday evening and joining the Lucille crew.

The Volvo 240 has been road tested during two +300 km trips, so it'll probably also stay intact for the Pudasjärvi tour. There's R.A, me and a non-FG friend of ours, we're leaving the main city area either on Thrusday evening (sleeping somewhere on the way) or Friday morning and arriving at Pudasjärvi sometime during Friday evening.

I'm already in Lapland, waiting for DaBoom to pick me up, then we'll get rental equipment for me and hit the slopes. :) See you next week. :)

Polkky;n3543639 said:
The Volvo 240 has been road tested during two +300 km trips, so it'll probably also stay intact for the Pudasjärvi tour.

Yeah, on first trip alternator ran out of life (fitted new voltage regulator and now there?s a spare one in glove box) and after second one realised that there?s no brake pads left in front, right front wheel bearing was shit and left front control arm rear bushing was done. Fixed those all, we shall see what happens on this trip :D

Err, there was text yesterday, no idea where it has disappeared now...