Icetrack meet, 4.-6.2.2022 Pudasjärvi. Armed to slide

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
After a years break, Things are happening again.

I'll try to fill in more details, I keep forgetting to start the thread to start with. But in essence the spot is our usual airfield cabin at the border of Lapland, with airfield track available for Friday and Saturday, with Ouluzone track as a likely venue for Sunday.

Reason for that arrangement lies in the thread name. We are against an army, and losing that battle. :mrgreen: Army is arriving to the site on Sunday, so for those who don't want to drive back south during Sunday night some other options needs to be arranged.

Otherwise, it's business as usual; Many people arrive to the airfield cabin during Thursday afternoon/evening, where most amenities and dinner are offered. There's option for airfield track and snowmobile fun for Friday, airfield track for Saturday and on Sunday Ouluzone track and probably burgers and accommodation in Oulu for those who have Monday to spend for the drive south.

More details are in a sheet, which I shall not share here, as it contains some personal info. And as with everything, there's a Telegram channel, if there are new people joining. Attendance count is rather important, as it'll determine the cost per person. Join the fun. :cool:

AM-JKLW2q4FNsldIIAi9zdf5IQtduII694F3IR3DHWwRWFhTDz5_0GKkVfpFcQoc00fYx7aBEqBGIxK1Hi1bX4CtUskoP2CEh81OXVNkVVoxlL42cx3TxpGRAvXj3CfOgMnve20Nk1poFMZcgv4vNMptiyhVqQ=w1743-h1307-no

Last edited:
Yay, it's happening!

So... if someone else is interested in making this a slightly longer holiday, I have a passenger seat to spare.
I'm leaving on the Saturday of the weekend before, taking the Travemünde-Helsinki ferry, meaning arriving at Helsinki on the morning of the Monday of the meet week. Return trip will be on the ferry leaving Helsinki on the Tuesday or Wednesday after the meet.

That it is, I was too hastily copying and adapting the format from previous thread.

Fun fact: By having the meet one week later than previous time, we will gain over an hour of daylight
(5h49m29s on 24th Jan 2020 to
7h8m57s 4th Feb 2022).

Needless to say, I am in, taking full advantage of the much shorter distance to travel.

i am in, not sure what car though. :hmm:

I am on the fence. I’ve sent monies in case I change my mind.

Jelly. Some day I wanna do Icetrackmeet. Enjoy!

Pretty much the same here. I wanna experience an Icetrack meet, even if I usually can't stand the cold and winter. 😅

Once I finish the uni and get a job that allows me to take a week off in February, I'm hoping to go! I even contemplated going this year, but between the exam season in February and a summer roadtrip being a priority, I quickly dropped the idea.

Perkele.

YOU HOSERS SENT THE ICE HERE
THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED