Idea for a Top Gear challenge

speedyvespa

Car(s)
Range Rover, Porsche 911 T, Mini Cooper S, Audi TT
Any ever thought of this... a car that incorporates rocket propulsion you could use on an everyday car, to overcome the limitations of tyre-on-rubber style of acceleration?

Not to suggest they could actually take it on a public road, but the rocket boffins in Glossop would come in handy...

Just a random thought that dropped into my head... uh oh.

Just don't put the rockets on the front wheels. ;)

The problem with rocket power the power to fuel use ratio. The use a car like that all day you would need massive fuel tanks, at least that's how I understand it. Imagine the MPG figures!

Well, maybe for the traffic light grand prix only? Then you could revert to good ol' internal combustion.

Thinking about it, I think I might build one myself. Out of an Austin Princess?

Sounds like an episode of Mythbusters to me..........

What other challenges could we think of for a new TG season? They are the best part of the show i reckon.

Since I don't know Europe too well (Australian) I'd struggle to pick routes for races, etc. How about the 3 of them + the Stig have to pick a popular car to drive around fast in. Last person to be stopped by police wins. Factors include the coolness of their car (from cops perspective), and choosing a route that has less police activity?

That was a stupid idea, I know. Some kind of hunt/search in a city they don't know well still has a bit of potential.