• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Idiot news of the day: Teen faked BMW theft to buy a Bentley

Viggen

Car(s)
12 VW Golf GTI
Caught this on the local news today. All I could say is... :wall:

Mind you: US$42,000 M3 vs. $160,000+ Bentley

Police: Teen faked BMW theft to buy a Bentley

09:49 AM PDT on Thursday, April 21, 2005

Associated Press

BELLEVUE, Wash. - Police accuse a 17-year-old Sammamish boy of an insurance scam in which he reported his BMW stolen so he could upgrade to a new Bentley.

Bellevue police spokesman Michael Chiu said the teen reported the 2002 BMW M3 stolen Monday. Police found the car Tuesday being stripped in Snoqualmie and arrested four suspects.

Chiu says they said the teen wanted the car stolen so he could collect insurance money and buy a Bentley. The BMW is worth about $42,000.

The boy was questioned and released to his parents while prosecutors consider possible charges.

I would assume that you get book value for the M3 anyway.

How did he plan on buying the Bentley? At this point, who cares, what a dumbass.

justin syder said:
How did he plan on buying the Bentley?

I don't get it either...

justin syder said:
I would assume that you get book value for the M3 anyway.

How did he plan on buying the Bentley? At this point, who cares, what a dumbass.

Perhaps too much influence from hip-hop videos. :roll:

The insurance payout + the profits made from selling the parts would've been used to purchase the Bentley, but still way more than he could reach. He'll need to steal several more M3s to get there. :D

Idiot, I love hearing storied about stupid plans that would never work. They are funny.

must be some spoilt brat... a kid with a M3 :shock: .... but his plan might have worked, he just needed to chip in abit more as M3 parts are really hot in alot of countries... I know in malaysia, the entire front cut of the E36 M3 goes for about 20k USD...

What an idiot ... and they even caught him ??? Even worse. These kids think that if they just watch 'gone in 60 seconds' they know all there is to chopping a car. :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:
Not only a spoiled brat, a VERY dumb spoiled rich brat. He got what he deserved.

ROFLMAO :lol:

What an idiot, guess basic arthimatic wasn't one of his strong points.

Love the bug me not thing *nicks it, and watches vid* :D

Who talked about buying a NEW Bentley? He could have thought about a used one... :)

|||EDIT|||

Ok, the video did... :blush:

my reconing is that he thought that if his m3 got stolen his folks would buy him a bently - i mean - they must be seriously loaded for him to get an m3..

If I had an M3 I sure as hell wouldn't be working at a restaurant. Anyone else think it would be weird to drive a 60k car to make minimum wage?

^It was mentioned in the video. How did they know the kid asked them to steal his car, couldn't they have lied about it? Even though, I'd also prefer the M3 to the continental GT.