Idiots + cars = LOL

I think it's better than running around with no plate whatsoever. At least they shouldn't come to the window of your Saturn with their hands on their weapons. That might be from personal experience.

Standard traffic stop protocol is to have your hand on your sidearm when approaching the car. That's a nationwide thing. If they really suspect something, they're just going to conduct a felony stop and order you out of the car at gunpoint.

Any department that didn't have this policy as of last year pretty much does now after the BLM-linked/incited assassinations of cops across the country this summer.

Standard traffic stop protocol is to have your hand on your sidearm when approaching the car. That's a nationwide thing. If they really suspect something, they're just going to conduct a felony stop and order you out of the car at gunpoint.

Any department that didn't have this policy as of last year pretty much does now after the BLM-linked/incited assassinations of cops across the country this summer.

Never actually happened to me, but I was ordered to have all my windows lowered before they even got out of the car before, then again my Audi was blacked out ;)

Never actually happened to me, but I was ordered to have all my windows lowered before they even got out of the car before, then again my Audi was blacked out ;)

I grew up with a neighbors dad that had a Lincoln Mark VIII with windows tinted really dark. I always remember seeing him roll the windows down while backing out of the driveway, no matter the season. I guess it was the same reason?

I never had much of an issue seeing out, but the 5-0 doesn't like not being able to see inside (can't really blame them)

I grew up with a neighbors dad that had a Lincoln Mark VIII with windows tinted really dark. I always remember seeing him roll the windows down while backing out of the driveway, no matter the season. I guess it was the same reason?
That's one of the many reasons why limo tint is stupid. My windows are fairly dark and I have zero issues reversing at night.

I never had much of an issue seeing out, but the 5-0 doesn't like not being able to see inside (can't really blame them)
Heh, you can't have dark tint because of officer safety. Cops have dark tint because of officer safety. Shrug. Even with my legal tint, I roll all windows down when stopped, just out of courtesy.

Heh, you can't have dark tint because of officer safety. Cops have dark tint because of officer safety. Shrug. Even with my legal tint, I roll all windows down when stopped, just out of courtesy.
X has relatively dark factory tint on the back, I wanna do something like 50% on the Stang just for looks really. I usually only roll down driver unless they have a partner with them but then I don't look suspicious either ;)

X has relatively dark factory tint on the back, I wanna do something like 50% on the Stang just for looks really. I usually only roll down driver unless they have a partner with them but then I don't look suspicious either ;)
50% is pretty light, imo. I'm right at the legal limit for my state, 35% overall:

DSC_1882.jpg

I like it a lot. It offers some privacy but doesn't compromise night time visibility at all. If it was legal I'd consider going slightly darker but not much, maybe 30%. You can really tell the difference in the summer too - black leather seats and steering wheel never get really hot, even if the car sits in the sun, and the AC cools the interior down very quickly.

50% is pretty light, imo. I'm right at the legal limit for my state, 35% overall:

DSC_1882.jpg

I like it a lot. It offers some privacy but doesn't compromise night time visibility at all. If it was legal I'd consider going slightly darker but not much, maybe 30%. You can really tell the difference in the summer too - black leather seats and steering wheel never get really hot, even if the car sits in the sun, and the AC cools the interior down very quickly.

I had 35 (as in 65 dark) on the A4 and yeah the car always stayed cool, 50 is only for looks for the most part. In NY back windows can be any darkness you want but its 100% illegal on the fronts, not that it ever been an issue for me.

On the topic of window tints, saw this i8 today.

ZBxydfd.jpg

mJqKVJl.jpg

Tint so dark it looked opaque. Parked next to it at Chipotle and some flat brimmed douchebag looking kid got out of it.

Probably a YouTube phenomenon

no lol in this one, but there happened an odd accident yesterday...

a while ago there was an accident that broke off a sign. yesterday a truck was on the shoulder (yellow truck in the vid), removing the remains of the broken off trafficsign, but at the moment the concrete block was being lifted, a truck hit the pole (blue truck in the vid), swirling the concrete block over 2 lanes, through the front windows of a car in the 3rd lane, killing the driver instantly

media_xll_9284998.jpg

a video for reference
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20161114_02570436

WTF???? how much bad luck can you have
but also, how much risk did they take?? why was that left lane not closed?
i suspect someone's live will be ruined by this, probably because he did what his boss ordered him to...

Last edited:
I nominate myself, last night I went 3>2 instead of 3>4 close to the top of 3rd. Luckily I was still on the clutch so I pushed it in real quick and don't think I broke anything but still :(

I nominate myself, last night I went 3>2 instead of 3>4 close to the top of 3rd. Luckily I was still on the clutch so I pushed it in real quick and don't think I broke anything but still :(
Y U NO LEARN SHIFT

How?

Forgot to put it in park.