Idiots + cars = LOL

jack_christie

Forum Addict
As a patron I got wind of that in the week, that’s the same site where I drowned my first Discovery, so I know that those deep holes are really hard to spot!

A few depth markers wouldn't go astray

jack_christie

Forum Addict

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'12 Fiat 500, '87 Mercury Colony Park

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
Smashing. It's always a good reminder to see how - despite the driver probably standing on the virtual brake pedal for a while already - the train was still going painfully quick after it cleared the crossing.

SirEdward

Car(s)
VW Polo mkVI
It is also good to notice and remember that even a short, light, passenger train can easily weight in excess of 200 tonnes and take more than 500 meters to stop.

SirEdward

Car(s)
VW Polo mkVI
They're getting lighter: I used to regularly take trains, some 20 years ago, whose locomotive was 96 tonnes (12 tonnes each for the carriages). I had no idea how much a train could weight, and I was amazed reading those numbers, directly on the train itself.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
Well, in most of Europe at least, most routes are limited to 22.5t axle loads, and most locos have four of them... 80-89 tons comes naturally within that restriction. No point in making them lighter, because mass ~ tractive force.
And yes, reading numbers on trains is fun 🤓

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them

jack_christie

Forum Addict

Florida Sheriff’s Captain Found Passed Out in Traffic Was Sent Home with a ‘Fist Bump’ and No Sobriety Test​

video