Idiots + cars = LOL

Well, mine invloves myself and a friend, coming up to a flooded bit of road that we had crossed earlier he thought it would be fun to floor it into the water this time, so we went in at about 70kph and splash, car stalls. i managed to push it out while he sat in the car.... car started after about an hour, then spewed alot of smoke. but it survived.

Some other vids

^i was thinking the same thing

no way i would've predicted he'd be able to pull it off

I drive a BMW and I haven't managed any of thoes amazing feats. Thank god...

OK THAT is actually impressive.

^i was thinking the same thing

no way i would've predicted he'd be able to pull it off

Pulling a trailer through water like that is no problem whatsoever. You should try going over the Rockies with one of those things. :lol:

The only issue is sucking in water and he did the right thing by chasing his wake. If you try and plow through the water, you'll suck it right in, but if you ride the wake (go at the speed of the water), then it's actually quite easy.

Still a lucky guy though. :)

Super Duty FTW

Indeed.

i was expecting the trailer to be caught in the current, and seeing both float away...

BMW is trendy so idiots buy them. Can't blame BMW.

I've always hated that the trendies/badge whores don't appreciate what a great car the 3 series is under the badge.

I've always hated that the trendies/badge whores don't appreciate what a great car the 3 series is under the badge.

That's a problem with anything trendy really. I see M5's, AMG's, 911s being driven to the store and back or on the highway doing barely the speed limit by people who don't look like they could handle the car. It's such a waste really, most of them don't need nothing more than a base model for the way they drive :'(

but we don't want them to buy the base model.... real people would wan't to buy something other then the base model, used..!

Pulling a trailer through water like that is no problem whatsoever. You should try going over the Rockies with one of those things. :lol:

The only issue is sucking in water and he did the right thing by chasing his wake. If you try and plow through the water, you'll suck it right in, but if you ride the wake (go at the speed of the water), then it's actually quite easy.

Still a lucky guy though. :)

Incorrect.

If you are moving at the speed of the water then it fills up the engine bay much faster. By going faster than the water and keeping a bow-wave in front of the radiator you create a pocket of air inside the engine bay. You have to keep your momentum up and keep moving forward in a water crossing.

I've had a bow-wave half-way up the windscreen on vehicles that were not equipped with a snorkel and been just fine. If you stop the air bubble under the hood fills up and you hydro-lock or drowned your electrics.

...and it doesn't take much water to hydro-lock an engine. Trust me.

You're right, which is why you have to keep moving to push the water ahead of the radiator so it doesn't make it into the intake.

That's a problem with anything trendy really. I see M5's, AMG's, 911s being driven to the store and back or on the highway doing barely the speed limit by people who don't look like they could handle the car. It's such a waste really, most of them don't need nothing more than a base model for the way they drive :'(

Well, yeah, but I think it's particularly a problem with the 3 series in my estimation, because it has become (and has been for a while) the yuppie equivalent of the Accord/Camry -- the mindless choice for generic family hauler sedan with some badge prestige. I know the Accord/Camry/3 Series are fine cars in their own rights but the 3 series is more than a yuppie driving appliance. Or at least it should be.

Granted you see plenty of 911s in the hands of dentists/lawyers driving them as status symbols but not on the mass market level of the 3 series.

Last edited:
Why are people so dumb? Oh yeah, modern science has kept them alive long enough to breed...

I have no issue with this. They will eventually buy the next trendy thing allowing me to buy their old cars for cheap.