Idiots + cars = LOL

I use the remote starter with the ac in the summer, unfortunately this summer the umbrella has been more helpful at keeping me comortable from the elements.

It's supposed to be sunny this week. I won't believe it untill I see it though.

unfortunately this summer the umbrella has been more helpful at keeping me comortable from the elements.

:nod: on Friday Friday Friday... we've had over 50% of the statistical rain for the entire month of July. The weeks before weren't exactly dry, and the forecast is quite wet as well.

I can't complain, my next vacation is in August/September, by then the heavens will have to be empty... hopefully.

AC keeps your car dry then!

No need for AC in cars here at the moment. Currently we have 15.7?C and it's raining.

Actually a heating is what is needed right now.

What a fucked-up summer this is.

Those poor, poor tourists, who have come here for the sun and the sea and for lying on the beach... Mwwaahahahahahaha :rofl:

Last edited:
No need for AC in cars here at the moment. Currently we have 15.7?C and it's raining.

Actually a heating is what is needed right now.

What a fucked-up summer this is.

Those poor, poor tourists, who have come here for the sun and the sea and for lying on the beach... Mwwaahahahahahaha :rofl:
I hate you right now... its 30 now supposed to be 32 later been hovering around 35-40 all week.

14?C and been raining HARD all night. Gonna have to go empty the pool a bit soon if it continues.

Let's all make some rain videos and post them here :mrgreen:

Eeewww... I hope you didn't get my farts. I had cabbage yesterday.

They managed to cool down the thermometer, yep. The amount of energy moved by a few cubic metres of air is quite small though, this will not have such a huge effect on the car itself, such as the seats or dashboard.
You know what I really like about you narf? I like that you don't let little things like real world experience and empiric evidence get in the way of your opinions :)

It's not a matter of opinion, it's physics. Here's the thing:

Air is not a good conductor of heat. If you put the interior of a car into contact with colder air for a short period of time there will be very little transfer of energy from the seats, dashboard, etc into the air. If the colder air does not have time to take up much energy it can not move that energy out of the car with the next swing of the door.
Air does not have a lot of heat capacity. Per mass, plastic and aluminium for example store twice as much heat. However, air is a gas - the mass of air moved by a door swing is tiny compared to the mass of the car's interior. You're looking at thousands of times less heat capacity in the air moved with one swing compared to the car. In other words, to cool the interior of the car by x degrees you need to heat up exchanged air by x degrees from thousands of door swings. Five will only make the initial whoof of hot air when opening the door disappear because you have openened the door several times before.

Real world experience and empiric evidence comes into play as well, but takes a back seat to highschool physics. When I quickly exchange the air in a hot car (no need for manual labor, we have wind for that) and then get in I still get a hot bum from the seat, and the dashboard still is hot. Cooling the car through airflow takes time and a lot of air.

My suggestion? Open all hatches. Roll down all windows, pop the boot, open doors if you can. That way you not only get a lot of air exchanged, you also allow for heat radiation to escape from the car.
You can always go The American Way to let oil do the work for you and remote-start the AC. Alternatively, get a solar-panel-powered fan. That way your car will not even heat up that much while in the sun. Less heat, less need to cool.

You provoked this, Prizrak. So don't dare complaining about getting a "German answer" from narf.

:p

It's not a matter of opinion, it's physics. Here's the thing:

Air is not a good conductor of heat. If you put the interior of a car into contact with colder air for a short period of time there will be very little transfer of energy from the seats, dashboard, etc into the air. If the colder air does not have time to take up much energy it can not move that energy out of the car with the next swing of the door.
Air does not have a lot of heat capacity. Per mass, plastic and aluminium for example store twice as much heat. However, air is a gas - the mass of air moved by a door swing is tiny compared to the mass of the car's interior. You're looking at thousands of times less heat capacity in the air moved with one swing compared to the car. In other words, to cool the interior of the car by x degrees you need to heat up exchanged air by x degrees from thousands of door swings. Five will only make the initial whoof of hot air when opening the door disappear because you have openened the door several times before.

Real world experience and empiric evidence comes into play as well, but takes a back seat to highschool physics. When I quickly exchange the air in a hot car (no need for manual labor, we have wind for that) and then get in I still get a hot bum from the seat, and the dashboard still is hot. Cooling the car through airflow takes time and a lot of air.
All of that typing and for what? When I get in the car and do nothing it's hotter in the car than if I do the door thing. Another member also confirmed that this works. What do I care how much energy is stored in plastics/leather/aluminum or anything else? I get into a cooler car and put A/C to Max and let it do its job, it just has a slightly easier job now....

My suggestion? Open all hatches. Roll down all windows, pop the boot, open doors if you can. That way you not only get a lot of air exchanged, you also allow for heat radiation to escape from the car.
You can always go The American Way to let oil do the work for you and remote-start the AC. Alternatively, get a solar-panel-powered fan. That way your car will not even heat up that much while in the sun. Less heat, less need to cool.
Other than remote starting with A/C on none of this would do jack for my car, it doesn't heat up from the ambient air all that much it heats up from the sun. I went to the movies the other day after sundown, it was around 30C outside. Car was left outside in a parking lot, after 3 hours in the movie theatre (Captain America is pretty good btw) the inside of the car was still noticeably cooler than the exterior air.
You provoked this, Prizrak. So don't dare complaining about getting a "German answer" from narf.
What else can one expect from someone who clearly states that real world experience and empirical evidence take a back seat to a theory that he came up with :p
Real world experience and empiric evidence comes into play as well, but takes a back seat to highschool physics.

Last edited:
it doesn't heat up from the ambient air all that much it heats up from the sun. I went to the movies the other day after sundown, it was around 30C outside. Car was left outside in a parking lot, after 3 hours in the movie theatre (Captain America is pretty good btw) the inside of the car was still noticeably cooler than the exterior air.

Thanks for proving my point. Air does not work well for heat transfer, no matter if for cooling or heating.