Idiots + cars = LOL

That Jeep is probably a write-off. It looks like they hooked up to the front axle, and to have that kind of damage they would have torn the suspension arms right out of the unibody, bent the drive shaft and probably broken the mounts for the transfer case.

That Jeep is probably a write-off. It looks like they hooked up to the front axle, and to have that kind of damage they would have torn the suspension arms right out of the unibody, bent the drive shaft and probably broken the mounts for the transfer case.
Most jeep xj's dont have tow points. Its a goner for sure!

Last edited:
You can buy an ARB bumper to fit the XJ, but it goes back along the unibody to the firewall and takes something like 30 bolts to spread the force out enough to not tear the metal.

The XJ is a very lightly built SUV and not really suited for serious abuse.

That's an ever present threat no matter what. I had a co-worker who LOVED her b/f's H2....

My mom LOVES her suburban. I don't understand why because my brother moved out 2 years ago, my sister and I both have cars but live at home still, and there's only two little kids left (5 and 7). Get a Volvo V70 or if you want a higher ride height, get a Ford Escape or Volvo XC90.

It has a tow package and my folks don't own a boat or a camper or anything that needs a 1/2 ton SUV. 1/4 ton would do just fine or I don't know, a nice sedan?

Plus if you need to tow/haul something, I'm not hoarding my truck to myself....

Last edited:
I drove the XC90, and honestly, I was not impressed. It seemed schizophrenic, not knowing if it was a heavy SUV or a lightweight CUV which resulted in unpredictable handling. I much prefer the XC70, which has the same ride height but seems more refined, more thought-out, and more predictable.

I would rather have my XTerra than the XC90, because the X at least knows what it is.

I drove the XC90, and honestly, I was not impressed. It seemed schizophrenic, not knowing if it was a heavy SUV or a lightweight CUV which resulted in unpredictable handling. I much prefer the XC70, which has the same ride height but seems more refined, more thought-out, and more predictable.

I would rather have my XTerra than the XC90, because the X at least knows what it is.
Anything with an X is instantly awesome, same for the Z, hence 300ZX is the most awesomest car in the world :p

I don't understand the love for SUV's people have. I get it if you use it for its capabilities (I sure wished I had an SUV when we had that crazy snow in NYC last winter) but people who want one just because its big and has a tall seating position I plain don't get. I've driven a Suburban and an RX300 and the tall sitting position just makes me annoyed. Burban at least was pretty good at telling you its a truck and you shouldn't fuck around with it, the RX was a complete pile of shit, that thing scared the fuck out of me at every corner, soft springs and a tall car is NOT a good combination....

LOOOOOOOL a sponge????

I don't understand the love for SUV's people have. I get it if you use it for its capabilities (I sure wished I had an SUV when we had that crazy snow in NYC last winter) but people who want one just because its big and has a tall seating position I plain don't get. I've driven a Suburban and an RX300 and the tall sitting position just makes me annoyed.

As a unashamed member of the "kinda short" club, I'll admit that the idea of a taller seating position is very appealing. It was one of the few things I liked about the rental Corolla I was in and my brother's Impala. The seat height does inspire some weird form of confidence.

As a unashamed member of the "kinda short" club, I'll admit that the idea of a taller seating position is very appealing. It was one of the few things I liked about the rental Corolla I was in and my brother's Impala. The seat height does inspire some weird form of confidence.
Maybe that's the thing, since I'm 6'1" I don't really see a higher vantage point as anything special :p

At 6'3", I've found that cars with an overly tall seating position result in my bashing my head on the door frame when I'm getting in and out.

At 6'3", I've found that cars with an overly tall seating position result in my bashing my head on the door frame when I'm getting in and out.

THIS, a million times. Hence my hate for softroaders like the Ford Ecosport

My cousin's exhaust needed a patch back when we were in high school. We used a Mountain Dew can, but the aluminum couldn't hold up to the exhaust temperatures. We replaced it with a thicker steel soup can which did much better.

+2. I tried getting into a co-workers 4Runner and bashed my noggin. High step-in + low roof = minor concussion.

While the guy in the truck clearly didn't know what he was doing, the cop was also wrong for telling him to "PUT IT IN PARK!!! PARK!!!!" because usually park will not engage while the car is moving.

But it will slow the vehicle in an emergency, that was the horendous grinding noise you heard right after he said that.

My cousin's exhaust needed a patch back when we were in high school. We used a Mountain Dew can, but the aluminum couldn't hold up to the exhaust temperatures. We replaced it with a thicker steel soup can which did much better.

If you haven't done that when poor, then you aren't a car guy. :p

I also know a guy that mocked up a header system using V8 cans.

V8_vegetable_juice.JPG