Idiots + cars = LOL

I'll be the one to call it fake, then.

I looks like the same crossing where the Audi R8 did a hit and run, just from the other side of the street.

Well the wtf cut at ~2secs is friggin' weird for sure.

The title describes it very well.

I remember driving around Fort Carson and seeing big patches of super-thick concrete in the road flanked by signs like this:

So my cousin (female) just posted this on the book of face;
"Omg my theory is tomorrow and I have only just realised I have to do a hazard perception test? What the fuck is that?:'("

Yeah I've never had much confidence in her. As a human.

I didn't know what that was, so I googled it

The hazard perception (or awareness) test consists of 14 video clips, each about a minute long. Each clip shows driving situations involving other road users and is shot from a car driver's point of view. As each clip plays a hazard -

something that will cause the driver to change speed, direction or stop

- will develop. In 13 of the clips you will have one hazard to identify, in the other clip, you will have two hazards to identify. You will not be told which hazard perception test clip has two hazards to identify.

You identify the correct hazard or hazards by clicking on either the left or right mouse button. The earlier you identify the correct hazard or hazards the more points you score. The scoring goes from five to zero points.

Don't think you can continuously and frantically smoother the screen with clicks as the hazard perception clip plays. If you do this you will score zero. However, you will not lose points for clicking on other potential hazards that may also be seen.

So, you watch a clip and in that clip you will see several potential hazards unfolding. Most will stay exactly that, potential hazards but one (or two) will become an actual hazard that will cause the vehicle (the camera shot, the driver's point of view) to change speed, direction or stop. This is the hazard you must identify and click on in order to score points. Clicking on the potential hazards will neither score you points nor lose you points, but clicking too many times will result in you scoring zero.

We don't have anything like that here (at least not when I got my license), but it doesn't seem like a big deal :shrug:. Seems pretty straight forward and easy actually, just some common sense and thats that.

Last edited:
I didn't know what that was, so I googled it

We don't have anything like that here (at least not when I got my license), but it doesn't seem like a big deal :shrug:. Seems pretty straight forward and easy actually, just some common sense and thats that.
It's actually quite crappy. For one thing something you might consider a potential hazard might not be in the eyes of the system, and you fail if you click too many times. It's also far too easy to click too soon, so the system won't register it.

Seems pretty straight forward and easy actually, just some common sense and thats that.
I've underlined the problem... :p

The thing is, even with the lenghty process of getting a driver's license here in Germany there are many rubbish drivers, so sometimes you think they won their license in the lottery or something. That would be Speedtouch's cousin (if she passes the test)...

Its all a bit ridiculous - the whole learner tests and methods need a complete overhaul as its all stuck in the 70s. Still better than some other nations, but as a first world country we really need to update everything.

Watch the first minute of this:

Another example video (without commentary)

Literally you are sat at a computer and watch videos, clicking when you think there is a hazard. I scraped my way through the theory test, and got 8 out of a possible 15 minors on my practical test. Then I started learning to drive.

Recent storms in Queensland have apparently churned up an algae bloom, resulting in a thick, deep foam covering the streets. Apparently, it doesn't stop some people...

potd-bus_2464866k.jpg

Wow, how fast does a bus have to go to clear the bridge completely while ripping away the whole upper deck? :blink: Of course, the upper deck (or specifically the beams and windows holding up the roof) isn't as sturdy as a container which is designed to get heavy loads on top of it, but there has to be quite some momentum for such a result...

Short answer - ask narf.

Bridge is strong, bus is heavy and therefore has considerable momentum and the top is very light to keep the CoG as low as possible and so the materials used aren't structural other than to support their own weight. Plus a 10m bus will travel it's own length in under half a second at a mere 20kph so by the time the driver realises what is happening and is applying the brakes most of the damage has been done.