Idiots + cars = LOL

I remember when I saw that for the first time a few months ago. The clips weren't back to back like in this one and I wondered... "Hey, didn't I see this crash from another angle a few minutes ago?" *rewinds* "Yes, I did!" And it was the best thing ever. :)

Pretty much. Emergency braking is basically all the braking power the train has to give, usually through dumping all the air in the braking system. (Which is why the train has to come to a complete stop, as they have to recharge the braking system, which won't release until the reservoirs are sufficiently full.) The reason they don't use all of it under normal use is because it can damage the wheels (flat spots) and rails (profile damage).

/Mind you, this is only going off my MSTS experience. Someone more knowledgeable about trains correct me if I'm wrong.
I was reading about that on Wikipedia after watching this video yesterday. I wasn't previously aware of those added issues caused by emergency braking a train, and it served to further increase my distain for and frustration with those who stop on the tracks. I don't care if you "know" a train isn't coming because they "never" do at this time... it isn't worth the risk should a schedule have changed!

Pretty much. Emergency braking is basically all the braking power the train has to give, usually through dumping all the air in the braking system. (Which is why the train has to come to a complete stop, as they have to recharge the braking system, which won't release until the reservoirs are sufficiently full.) The reason they don't use all of it under normal use is because it can damage the wheels (flat spots) and rails (profile damage).

/Mind you, this is only going off my MSTS experience. Someone more knowledgeable about trains correct me if I'm wrong.

That explains why when I would accidentally hit the backspace key in MSTS and it would take forever begin again.

That's the first time I've ever seen trailers from an 18-wheeler on a train.

Pretty common in the US. More common are the containers that are usually found on cargo ships. Intermodal I think is what they call it.

'Yea cars at scrap yard, the only person I give a s*** bout is the other driver bless him thank good no one was hurt.'

Daily Mail in their infinite wisdom took this quote from the pink hair person as to mean the Aston would be in the scrap yard... but obviously it's the Corsa.

Last edited:
That's the first time I've ever seen trailers from an 18-wheeler on a train.

Very common, altough the second cars are a bit unusual since they seem to be normal cars with a fifth wheel welded on. The first UPS-trailer sits in a more conventional trailer car, you notice the walls cover the wheels. Also note the first car is an odd container, looks like a 48' or 53'.

Pretty common in the US. More common are the containers that are usually found on cargo ships. Intermodal I think is what they call it.
Yes altough to be intermodal you only need to use more than one mode of transportation so you don't need to go by boat, altough if you want to go between continents you'll end up on a ship anyway. 45' pallet wide containers are usually road-trained around Europe altough they make crossings over to the US on occasion. Normal 20's and 40's are not pallet wide, which is annoying if you're European. Of course if you go to the US their pallets fit 40's because they built the pallet around the container. EUR-pallets are designed to fit railcars, trucks and swap bodies. On the other side of the pond you have 53's which are useful in the US but much too large for other continents, APL, the only sea carrier who offered them stopped doing so recently.

SECU boxes are another oddity that never leave Europe, in essence a 40 feet on feet (ha!) with 1 meter added in all directions and cargo capacity beefed up to 80 tons. They travel the railroads and the baltic sea on vessels designed purely for them. I was on a terminal when they dropped one, that noise grabbed your attention.

This concludes todays episode on containers.

Last edited:

Holly shit!

Today was a WTF moment, coming out of a Home Depot parking lot, the road is set up in a way that people getting out of HD can turn left from both lanes and right only from the right lane, right across from it there is an exit from a Pathmark (grocery store) parking lot that only has one lane exit with no restrictions. The road that we would turn onto is a 3 lane with a divider in the middle so right lane left makes it a bit awkward for the people coming out of Pathmark lot to make a left as well. So this minivan was making a left ouf of PM and I was making a left out of the right lane from HD. So I slow and wave the lady in the minivan to go ahead because if I go further out I would be in her way and I was trying to be nice. Instead of her just going I get an annoyed yelling face and a gesture like FUCK YOU WTF ARE YOU DOING....

LA106-Car+on+Roof-horiz.jpg

Globe and Mail said:
A Southern California man?s car ended up on his neighbour?s roof in an unusual accident over the weekend.

Glendale police Sgt. Sean Riley tells City News Service that the driver lost control Saturday afternoon on a driveway in an area where homes are arrayed on a steep hillside.

The vehicle ended up on the roof of the next house down the hill.

Riley says the driver reported he had a mechanical failure.

The driver, his wife and the resident of the neighbouring home were unharmed.

A crane was brought in to lift the car from the roof, which had minor damage.

Yep. Definitely mechanical failure.

[video=youtube;9SHPyuf-XqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SHPyuf-XqA[/video]

I'm sorry but I have to post one of my own videos here. I was trying out a new camera app that also records the rear view in the car.

And here's what my son makes me sit through every day. Also, hes not that fat, the camera does stretch the image. And no...he's not on drugs either. :p

And that's why I don't want to live in in Kevin Smith movie.

I hope the guy didn't get hurt, because that's one of the best surreal comedy scene I've ever seen. But if he got hurt, then I'm a bad person.

Don't worry SirEdward at most it's just a flesh wound.

Don't leave your car on a construction site right on the path frequented by heavy machinery: