Idiots + cars = LOL

Or smashing a side window which is easier to repair, than the whole Front Screen ?

Yeah, I was quite some distance away from home. - So I went to a nearby garage and asked for help. - Guy came, hammered two small wood nooks between the door and the roof, slid two air cushions in, pumped them up an then with some hooked steel rod he opened the door. All done in 15 minutes.

I've seen some pretty twatish driving lately (including using the hard shoulder to skip ahead in a traffic jam on the motorway) but this one last night took the biscuit.

The council installed these 'traffic calming measures' on my road a few years ago because it's right near a school. As you can see there is a small cycle lane to allow bicycles though (although motorbikes use it all the time) but some guy in a Ford Focus decided he would use it too, including most of the pavement, at 30mph rather than stopping for 5 seconds to wait for me to go through. Cunt.

http://img824.imageshack.**/img824/5978/bwpi.png
http://img707.imageshack.**/img707/6749/03uq.png

Or smashing a side window which is easier to repair, than the whole Front Screen ?
Replacing the windshield is pretty simple job to do, quick thing to do for a professional. With the side windows you have to take the door apart, somehow wedge the glass in/out of the door and you might have to deal with complex lifter mechanisms and electronics in the door. Also the glass itself could cost the same or even more because the price is not directly related to the size.

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
Yeah, I was quite some distance away from home. - So I went to a nearby garage and asked for help. - Guy came, hammered two small wood nooks between the door and the roof, slid two air cushions in, pumped them up an then with some hooked steel rod he opened the door. All done in 15 minutes.

Even easier on my car since I have no rim on the window and glass does flex quite a bit...

- - - Updated - - -

Replacing the windshield is pretty simple job to do, quick thing to do for a professional. With the side windows you have to take the door apart, somehow wedge the glass in/out of the door and you might have to deal with complex lifter mechanisms and electronics in the door. Also the glass itself could cost the same or even more because the price is not directly related to the size.

That's a good point.

RE: Locking keys in car: After that happened to me once (I had to call a tow truck for the guy to prop open the door and unlock it) I simply attached a spare onto the same ring that carries my house keys (and keep them on me at all times) while carrying the car's main key/remote separately. You can also just put the spare in your pocket, but my thinking is that it might fall out because the one on my car is as thin as a house key. If it does fall out, you might not notice, but if it's attached with two other keys and a small flashlight (like mine) then you will notice if it will fall out (unlikely because more shit = more grip in your pocket :D).

There's always the option of using tape to secure an extra key under the bumper, behind the fuel door, or whatever.

Except for newer cars, which don't have keys as much as remote controls. I guess you could have a smaller key made as long as you only need the insert-able portion to open the driver's door (as opposed to some kind of microchip or something).

Some guy in a Ford Focus decided he would use it too, including most of the pavement, at 30mph rather than stopping for 5 seconds to wait for me to go through. Cunt.

You have a VRS, fit blue led flashers in the grille and chase him down. When he pulls over, roar away. :|

*Impersonating a traffic cop isn't the best idea. :p

You have a VRS, fit blue led flashers in the grille and chase him down. When he pulls over, roar away. :|

*Impersonating a traffic cop isn't the best idea. :p

*Looks at protruding gut* Hey, I could do the traffic cop thing real easy!

http://img824.imageshack.**/img824/5978/bwpi.png

I have to say, the most stupid thing in the picture is still the senseless piece of concrete in the middle of the road. It makes me think speed cameras are a better option.

It makes you slow down with a lot less damage to your suspension than a speed bump. I like those.

Am I understanding this right? It turns a 2 lane, 2-way street into a single-lane 2way street, but just for 30 feet...

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, at all...

Am I understanding this right? It turns a 2 lane, 2-way street into a single-lane 2way street, but just for 30 feet...

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, at all...

It's just an anti-speeding measure. Trust me, a lot better than a speedhump. Streets like that don't see a lot of traffic and it's clearly marked who has the right of way.