Idiots + cars = LOL

Neon's not boring to drive, though; both generations of them have handed Miatas their heads in autocross events and even today are still very competitive. To say nothing of the fact that they were so popularly used for that Dodge made a special version, the ACR. They're actually more fun to drive than the contemporary Civic.

Huh, never knew that. How well do Neons age? I live in Michgan, and am thinking of getting another cheap car for winter since my tiny '98 Chevy S-10 really isn't liking handling the snow and ice.

A handful of the SRT4s/ACRs in the area used to be Chrysler engineers' cars and have various unreleased parts and tunes on them. I've heard of 3 separate cases of people taking theirs to dealers for service and the dealer coming back saying that they aren't too sure what the engine cal is or that there are parts with prototype markings on them.

Huh, never knew that. How well do Neons age?

Not very well. They're fun to drive but they're still cheaply built Detroit econoboxes.

That said, I've been in a Neon just once and it had manual rear windows and cheaper plastics than a milk jug. No thanks.

I didn't say they were great cars to own in the long term, just that the sticker wasn't idiotic and the car wasn't actually boring to drive. :mrgreen: Or put another way - they're fun to drive but they're not a great place to spend time in, at least not stock.

Last edited:
Huh, never knew that. How well do Neons age? I live in Michgan, and am thinking of getting another cheap car for winter since my tiny '98 Chevy S-10 really isn't liking handling the snow and ice.

Put some weight in the back and get good snow tires. There are a few of us in Michigan on here, and I have lived over there.

I had an encounter with an idiot pedestrian this morning. I was about to start my drive to work, sitting in my still-parked car standing in a line of cars parked parallel to the road. Engine was already running, lights were on, reverse gear was engaged and I was slowly rolling backwards to make my way out of the parking spot. Before I started rolling, I spotted a mere shadow of a person in the dark in my wing mirror, calmly walking on the sidewalk in the direction of my car. I thought nothing of it.

Of course, as I started rolling backwards to close the gap of maybe 80cm to the car parked behind me, the person suddenly decided to cross the road. Obviously, the perfect spot to do so is behind behind my reversing car. I saw that it was a grown man, not an idiot teenager or an unaware kid just hopping through. No, he actually stood behind my car to check if there is any traffic on the road before he crosses it. I immediately stopped and sat there in awe as he continued to cross the road. Must have either been an insurance scammer hoping that I'd run him down or a stupid idiot. I'd claim he is the latter.

From the Stereotypes Are Based In Reality Department - Old Hippie Woman Driving Prius; gets caught speeding rather badly, cannot accept she was in the wrong, tries to intimidate cops and witnesses into admitting she was right.

[video=youtube;G2SDuo9M-oI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SDuo9M-oI[/video]

Man those cops are patient people.....

'I'm not a speeder!!!!!!'

What? 'Speeder' is a category of people now? Well I quess it is for the mother gaiai idiots.....

Last edited:
They deal with that crap every day. If they weren't patient they'd end up shooting people. :lol:

Umm, they do that quite a lot...

They deal with that crap every day. If they weren't patient they'd end up shooting people. :lol:

Exactly my point..... I would be calling for more ammo by midday :p

Last edited:
It's not that bad, in fact. When you know you are spotlessly in the right, and the other person is making ridiculous claims that can't really touch you, it's extremely easy to be calm.

"I wasn't speeding."
"You are impeding traffic. (go away, I'm trying to avoid you being fined for that too)".
"I wasn't speeding."
"yes you were. (1)I'm a cop and 2)there should be at least one camera that caught you)"
"it was on that road, the limit is 40!"
"The limit there is 30. (there is a sign in front of the fire house, AND you were doing 47...)"
"I'm sure i'ts 40..."
"There is a 30 sign in front of the fire house (you can be sure all you want, but it's still 30... and you were still going 47 mph...)".

It's pure gold... the officer only needed to avoid laughing in her face.

Last edited:
I know it was great, also that's some serious side bolstering on those Prius seats.

You need that because of all the Gs during high speed cornering.

I know it was great, also that's some serious side bolstering on those Prius seats.

Guy down the road from here, has one, his second one even, insist it has it's typical aerodynamical shape to make it go faster, not for economics.

Offcourse he's a schoolteacher.....

What's the issue with these people just admitting they made a mistake and missed the 30 sign? They'd get off a lot easier.

What's the issue with these people just admitting they made a mistake and missed the 30 sign? They'd get off a lot easier.

Exactly. I bet the judge isn't going to go easy on her after seeing this video.