Idiots + cars = LOL

The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) is aware of footage circulating on social media of an incident involving two uniformed officers in Camden.

The incident took place at Weedington Road, NW5, at around 17:00hrs on Friday, 16 September.

The footage will now be subject to an investigation by officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS).

As soon as the MPS was made aware of the footage, the DPS was contacted immediately.

The individual who uploaded the footage has been contacted by DPS officers.

As this matter is in its early stages, the officers have not been suspended or placed on restricted duties.

No one was arrested during the incident.
http://news.met.police.uk/news/statement-regarding-footage-on-social-media-186389

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-between-driver-and-police-officer-goes-viral

Last edited:
Yeah well, language issues might have played a role, I give you that. And traffic rules are not universal but sometimes differ a lot. After all, the classic excuse of about every foreign traveller in the USA is the innocent face with "Sorry, officer, I didn't know about the speed limit, I'm from Europe" :p

I was in traffic court trying to get a ticket reduced once and a guy in there tried to claim that the reason he was speeding was because he had a European delivery BMW and it read km/h instead of MPH. Needless to say, the judge wasn't impressed and he still got the full ticket (or whatever the plea bargain was).

I was in traffic court trying to get a ticket reduced once and a guy in there tried to claim that the reason he was speeding was because he had a European delivery BMW and it read km/h instead of MPH. Needless to say, the judge wasn't impressed and he still got the full ticket (or whatever the plea bargain was).

:lol:

A guy I know had a similar problem, just the right way around, when moving to Ireland. After crossing the south of England and Wales with his van, he didn't realize that in Ireland, speed limits are posted in kph. So he ended up wondering why all the locals were driving so slowly... until he realized. :D No ticket involved there, though. :D

A guy I know had a similar problem, just the right way around, when moving to Ireland. After crossing the south of England and Wales with his van, he didn't realize that in Ireland, speed limits are posted in kph. So he ended up wondering why all the locals were driving so slowly... until he realized. :D No ticket involved there, though. :D

My friend had that problem when visiting her then boyfriend in Canada, "oh 80.. fuck..."

I always do 50 in town in Lucille. Can't see a problem :p

Right up until you get to some of those very small, narrow, hedge and wall lined, twisty, uneven country roads....you know, the kind of roads we designate 'field use only', then the 100kph becomes a challenge :p

Right up until you get to some of those very small, narrow, hedge and wall lined, twisty, uneven country roads....you know, the kind of roads we designate 'field use only', then the 100kph becomes a challenge :p

Amateur :p

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/20/premium-fuel-aaa-study/

This comes not 2 days after I saw a lady pouring 93 into her first gen Hyundai Santa-Fe.

I always found that hilarious "well I get more performance" no you don't your car will adjust timing a bit sure but your Camry is gonna be just as slow.

You apparently need an orange 205 with a blowing exhaust to go down country road fast.

As for the premium fuels, I don't see any tests verifying the claims that these fuels will clean up a fuel system/engine after extended use on non-premium fuels. How about running a 3 cars for 200,000 miles, one on regular only, one on premium only and a third that does the first 100k miles on regular and then is switched to premium. As the owner of an older vehicle that's what I'm more interested in.

91 is considered "Premium" in America?!?

91 is the lowest octane petrol sold at stations in Australia.

Europe uses a different scale. 91 RON (Europe) is eqivalent to 87 AKI (US). Our 91 is your 95. Generally you'll find gas stations here sell either 87-89-91 or 87-89-93 depending on region. Some Sunoco stations carry all 4.

The problem is that we use regular, mid grade and premium scale instead of just 87,89,91/93 so people think that *premium* is somehow better

In Germany, We have the standard "Super" (95 octane), "Super Plus" (98) and then brand-specific and ridiculously expensive things like "V-Power", "V-Power Racing" (like 20 ct/l more expensive than Super).
Yes, the "lowest" quality is "Super". There used to be "Normal" (91), but that's long gone...

Everyone here I talked to about cars all just use the octane ratings, screw the marketbabble.

You apparently need an orange 205 with a blowing exhaust to go down country road fast.

I used to love driving down this road when I went to Uni. In the summer the Polo I was driving would touch the hedges on both sides at the same time. We were next to it on the Road Trip but I didn't think you'd appreciate driving down that in the 8 series.

https://goo.gl/maps/CYW3cH8U3g12

Last edited: