Idiots + cars = LOL

Not clever Dr_Grip. If he'd had a knife you could very easily be dead right now.

And if my mother was the Queen of England I would have bigger ears....

Sometime assholes need standing up to, especially if they are this specific kind of asshole fueled by missplaced pride and ego, acting like they own the place and we are a lower life form just because they belong to a religion that indoctrinates them with a sense of superiority.

Offcourse then your lot will start whining about how we are creating terrorists for not bending to their every whim, worshipping the ground they walk on and allowing them to get away with murder instead of integrating, conforming to local customs and acting like decent people.

Last edited:
So, I am walking home from the pub with a female friend, crossing a traffic light (green for pedestrians, of coure). A cabbie is creeping into the passenger lane ever so slowly and is maybe 10 cm away from my legs as I pass him. Gently, in the same way you'd politely knock on a door, I knock on his hood three times and say something like "step on the brake, you are creeping forward" (well knowing that he's doing it on purpose to get an early start when the light turns green for him). I walk on without even waiting for his reaction, assuming there'd be none.

Boy, was I mistaken. He rolls down the passenger side window and yells at me: "WHY DID YOU TOUCH MY CAR". I reply: "Because you were creeping right at me across a red light."

He stops his car in the middle of the intersection, gets out and stands in front of me. Arab or Turk, late 30s/early 40s, 10cm smaller than me. "WHY DID YOU TOUCH MY CAR".
"Because you were running a red light, creeping right at me." "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY I DRIVE GET MY LICENSE PLATE AND REPORT ME. DON'T TOUCH MY CAR!" - "Well, now that you say it, I got your taxi concession number, as well...." - "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? I CAN BEAT YOU TO THE GROUND RIGHT HERE? WHAT IS THIS ABOUT" - "What's the problem, why are you yelling at me? Why do you want to escalate this?" "WHY ARE YOU THREATENING ME? YOU HIT MY CAR!!!!" - "I did not hit your car. I knocked on it." (I walk two steps to a garbage can.) "Look" (three knocks on the can). "That's hitting" (BANG! I hit the can) "WELL, MAYBE THAT'S HOW YOU SEE IT! MEANWHILE YOU SCRATCHED MY PAINT! YOU HAVE TO PAY!"

At this point, my female friend tried to join the debate. The cabbie said "I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU, SHUT UP". I also cut her off as I thought she wanted to defuse the situation. She later told me she wanted to provoke him and I spoiled all the fun by cutting her off. Anyways, after she was not allowed to join the fight, she told me she's bored by it and pulled me away. As we already were 10 meters away, the cabbie yells:

"YOU FUCKING HOMO"

So I turn around, very calmly, but loud: "I am not a homo. Ask your mom, she knows!" (EDIT: Yep, as Lev pointed out, that was escalation from my side)

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD! DO YOU WANT ME TO BEAT YOU UP? COME BACK, I'LL KILL YOU!" (and so on and so on...)

"And I still got your plate!"

I often get too agitated during useless wars of words. But this time I managed to just play it cool and pull the other parties' leash. Maybe I should even really report this guy, a person with such a temper probably should nor chauffeur people. But then again, a perfectly honest verbal brawl between folks, where's the problem...

In any case, what an Idiot. With a car.

Sounds like a normal Berlin taxi driver to me :mrgreen:

Be glad it wasn't a Berlin bus driver, he'd probably stabbed you :p

On a more serious note: Incidents like that usually happen less in small towns. I've always been happy not living in a big city: Too many people, too much traffic, too many things going on my nerves, too many idiots, far too stressy, no coastline for relaxing.

Last edited:
I am not that tall (6'2"), specially compared to Blind_Io and some European members, but I am taller than average (5'8") for Brazil, and most of the time, it's a short, balding middle-age guy with either a truck/SUV or a large sedan (Mercedes, BMW and the cheaper Korean alternatives in the last few years).
I have either 2 responses, depending on my mood: blow a kiss or confront them while maintaining the coldest, calmest tone of voice possible.
The former seems to immensely enrage most guys, the latter usually scare them. Perhaps I give out a psychokiller vibe? :lol:

Gone with the gun... :lol:

[video]https://youtu.be/9kXjZihTd4g[/video]

And if my mother was the Queen of England I would have bigger ears....

Sometime assholes need standing up to, especially if they are this specific kind of asshole fueled by missplaced pride and ego, acting like they own the place and we are a lower life form just because they belong to a religion that indoctrinates them with a sense of superiority.

Offcourse then your lot will start whining about how we are creating terrorists for not bending to their every whim, worshipping the ground they walk on and allowing them to get away with murder instead of integrating, conforming to local customs and acting like decent people.

I usually suggest they go fuck a camel, works quite well with a thick russian accent lol

.... wait, you're Russian?

Prizrak

Ego-fluffing through escalation can end very badly. Much easier to swallow your pride, defuse the situation, and go home safely and have a scotch. Just my two cents.

Agreed.

The other person might be an arsehole and in the wrong, but that won't be much consolation while you are bleeding out in the gutter.

No sir.

Agreed.

The other person might be an arsehole and in the wrong, but that won't be much consolation while you are bleeding out in the gutter.

Some of us live in countries where we are allowed to defend ourselves.

Besides, as soon as you take out a phone and start video recording, most people fuck off because video doesn't lie.

Some of us live in countries where we are allowed to defend ourselves.
Any escalation gets you closer to a fight, which, in turn, gets you closer to being physically harmed. You and I would have a good chance of avoiding said physical harm by introducing firearms into the fight - I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be in a situation where I could be forced to take a life, go bankrupt fighting criminal charges and a civil suit, have my face all over national news, etc, and I'll do whatever I can to avoid that. I would much rather go home with a bruised ego than have the other guy not go home at all. In a country where carrying firearms by civilians is almost nonexistent, there's probably even more incentive to diffuse and de-escalate - as another poster mentioned, what happens when the aggressor pulls out a knife and you've got nothing? There's really no reason to get into a shouting match with an angry stranger on the street, other than fluffing your own ego, yet it can have dire consequences even if you win the confrontation.

Anyways, we're off-topic...

The last time I checked they don't sell Peugeots in the US so no state can be as bad as Europe. :p

If you ever found yourself wondering where the majority of Rover buyers went after Rover went belly up I reckon most of them are now driving Peugeots. I would say that if you get stuck behind an inept, indecisive obliviot driving several miles an hour below the speed limit or at 40 regardless of whether you're in a 30 or a 60 zone then 9 times out of 10 it will be a Peugeot in front of you.

Ego-fluffing through escalation can end very badly. Much easier to swallow your pride, defuse the situation, and go home safely and have a scotch. Just my two cents.

Pretty much this. If another motorist is behaving like an asshole then smile, wave politely and mouth "sorry". They generally tend to feel superior and go on their merry way.

Ditto tailgaters. Don't piss about brake-checking them and shit like that, just let them past at the earliest opportunity so they can become someone else's problem.