Idiots + cars = LOL

Tesla Forward Collision Warning alert before the lead vehicle even applied the brake

https://electrek.co/2016/12/27/tesla-autopilot-radar-technology-predict-accident-dashcam/

proxy.jpg

Idiots + cars = LOL

Wrong thread!

Last edited:
Idiots + cars = LOL

Didn't Mercedes try that?

Not that I recall. Infiniti/Nissan was the world's first brand to implement Predictive FCW technology that can see more than one car ahead of you.

They tried it with radar IIRC. It didn't work well.

Jaguar had a similar system (radar based, saw the car directly in front and was likely able to see the car ahead of it) and was going to deploy it with the X300, but decided not to at the last minute. Which, given that Lucas was the prime contractor, probably was for the best... The X300 still has slots in its electronics bay and in its nose where the system was to go but was never installed.

Last edited:
Driver fined after boy caught filming through sunroof on Sea Cliff Bridge

Sea Cliff Bridge.png

A man has been fined after he was caught driving across Sea Cliff Bridge while a 12-year-old boy stood up through the sunroof and filmed on his mobile phone

The incident, which happened about 8am on Tuesday in the southbound lane of the Coalcliff Bridge, was among a number of statewide road events that prompted yet another police warning about dangerous driving.

The 46-year-old driver, from Barden Ridge (in the Sutherland Shire) was issued an infringement for having an unrestrained child in the car.

Source: Illawarra Mercury

Driver fined after boy caught filming through sunroof on Sea Cliff Bridge

A man has been fined after he was caught driving across Sea Cliff Bridge while a 12-year-old boy stood up through the sunroof and filmed on his mobile phone

The incident, which happened about 8am on Tuesday in the southbound lane of the Coalcliff Bridge, was among a number of statewide road events that prompted yet another police warning about dangerous driving.

The 46-year-old driver, from Barden Ridge (in the Sutherland Shire) was issued an infringement for having an unrestrained child in the car.

Source: Illawarra Mercury

This wouldn't have even been a story when I was a kid...

Granted if there's an accident the kid would go airborne, but other than that? I don't see the issue either, people on holiday (I suppose), trying to get some nice video in a rather amateuristic way....meh.

Well, no, of course not. Things were different back then. It was normal for kids to ride in the back of a ute (pickup) or panel van when I was a kid. But then, it was also normal for the road toll to be much higher back then than it is now. For all the talk about "nanny states" and over-protectiveness, the reality is that basic safety requirements such as requiring children to remain INSIDE moving vehicles are a no-brainer and any parent in this day and age who would get their son to stand up through a sun roof should be charged with child endangerment.

Well, no, of course not. Things were different back then. It was normal for kids to ride in the back of a ute (pickup) or panel van when I was a kid. But then, it was also normal for the road toll to be much higher back then than it is now. For all the talk about "nanny states" and over-protectiveness, the reality is that basic safety requirements such as requiring children to remain INSIDE moving vehicles are a no-brainer and any parent in this day and age who would get their son to stand up through a sun roof should be charged with child endangerment.

Motherfucker is 12, he can hold on for fuck's sake. It was probably at LEAST shoulder height what would happen he falls back into the seat if the father hits the brakes?

Buddy of a colleague of mine borrowed a friend's car and then did this on Christmas Eve, DUI, uninsured. Guess who spent Christmas Day in the local nick?