Idiots + cars = LOL

IMG_3162.jpg

speedlimitsigns.jpg

473711.jpg

source with more amusing signs

'Disorientation' and 'underestimating dangers' , sounds like the average normal tourist to me alright...

'Disorientation' and 'underestimating dangers' , sounds like the average normal tourist to me alright...

I?ll say this, most people are simply not able to estimate the difference altitude causes. Biggest problem is that humans have no mechanism for detecting oxygen levels so it seems like everything is totally fine until it is not.

And putting warning labels on absolutely everything sounds very american to me :p

For example the bus that we took from the rental car center to Houston airport had big yellow warning signs covering the vertical handlebars, telling me that I need to be careful not to bash my head in, as well as big red tape around every single step, telling me that I need to be careful not to trip. Thanks, but I have something called "eyesight" as well as "common sense".

And putting warning labels on absolutely everything sounds very american to me :p

For example the bus that we took from the rental car center to Houston airport had big yellow warning signs covering the vertical handlebars, telling me that I need to be careful not to bash my head in, as well as big red tape around every single step, telling me that I need to be careful not to trip. Thanks, but I have something called "eyesight" as well as "common sense".

We also have something called lawyers and a terrible tort system

And putting warning labels on absolutely everything sounds very american to me :razz:

You might, but most tourists don't it seems....the crap I've seen let me tell you,
'Oh yes, you are on a narrow, uneven, wet path with a rockface on one end and a 50m steep drop on the other, why yes honey, plastic flip-flops are a perfect foot-wear for that, also make sure to look at your phone more then were you are going, no sense in going out seeing things if the homefront can't follow it on facebook now is it? Oh btw, feel free to let you children race along said path at playground speeds, what can possibly happen?'

'No, I do not think this charming 200 year old Highland hotel in the middle of nowhere has an open air swimming pool, this is not Marbella......nope nope, I think swimming in the sea is going to be a bit of an issue to.......well for starters because you are 50k from the nearest sea. (she never went back to Scotland with us after that, odly)

'Nono, a rented Range rover cannot possibly get into any kind of calamity at all, no need to use caution or common sense at all......oh will you look at that! It's in a ditch.'

Btw I'm not American if that was what you were thinking.

Last edited:
I shall gratiously accept that honor :p

I remember vividly the uer manual of my old Ford Fiesta. It stated something like "don't breathe exhaust fumes, you might cause yourself harm".

It scares me to think there are people who would sue someone else over this, and possibly win if this wasn't written down.

Don?t use hair dryer in the shower or bath tub.

Those people vote.

I remember vividly the uer manual of my old Ford Fiesta. It stated something like "don't breathe exhaust fumes, you might cause yourself harm".

It scares me to think there are people who would sue someone else over this, and possibly win if this wasn't written down.

I personally quite enjoy the exhaust fumes.

Best car manual section ever is one that explains how to drive a manual.

I personally quite enjoy the exhaust fumes.

Best car manual section ever is one that explains how to drive a manual.

That explains a lot!

:tease:

Colorado?

Reminds me of this image from the road to Hans Flat ranger station in the Maze District of Canyonlands.

IMG_20160425_143920.jpg

Copy of the text at the bottom:

WARNING GPS USERS PLEASE READ

If your GPS, Siri or other device is directing you to the Island in the Sky District of Canyonlands National Park, to Arches National Park or to Blanding by way of this road,
IT IS DEAD WRONG!!!
THIS ROAD LEADS TO HIGH CLEARANCE FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE JEEP TRAILS
If you continue with a low clearance 2WD or AWD vehicle you will have to turn around at the Hans Flat Ranger Station and drive the 46 miles back to this location.

Hard as it is to believe, GPS units can be wrong and can lead you astray!

Please check you [sic] map or call the Hans Flat Ranger Station at 435-259-2652 (between 8 am and 4:30 p) to receive accurate directions to your destination.?

I guess GPS maps have been updated, because someone who went down this year said that the notice regarding sat-nav was gone.

Last edited: