Idiots + cars = LOL

Reactions: MWF
I saw that on Reddit, it said there that the car belonged to the employer and he hadn't been paying his drivers. Could be BS though.

An article I found also included social media screenshots explaining how the driver was promised a 2020 model if he reached quota, but was nowhere near it, he also refused to do a drug test and was fired for it.

That's a very different story, I'm more likely to believe that. Just shows you can't trust half of what you read online.

Ferrari v London Bus

(Language a little NSFW)

Annotation 2020-05-25 182609.png

Got to love boat ramp failures. I seen several as a kid.

Got to love boat ramp failures. I seen several as a kid.
One genius I know of rang his garage and said his new car was flooded....
Garage asked if he had any tools to take out spark plugs and clean them...
Genius so says no, its flooded up to the dashboard!!!!!!!!

Wait a minute, so the dealer was willing to replace his car but he's whining about wanting a higher trim level? Yeah, the dealer techs screwed up, but now he's being a choosy beggar?

The article is not clear on this, but I think you are reading a lot into it too. I think the guy is saying he wants the better model, but I don't think he expects the dealer to pay the whole costs. In other words, the dealer would pay the same price that his car was worth, anbd the guy will make up the difference. At least that is what I am assuming, or he can go pound sand.

If I remember correctly, the Elise owner drop is car off for an oil change at a garage belonging to his in-laws or something similar.

Must make for nice family reunion afterwards :D

Edit: sometimes I wonder how my brain decide to remember random stuff:

Dropped my Elise off to the local Goodyear shop to have new F1G3s installed. My Father-in-law is the service manager and has been for 10 years. He is out on medical leave, but he met me at the shop this morning, because he understands the uniqueness of the car.

I handed them the tire tools and opened the Owner's Manual to the jacking instructions so they would be clear. We went over all the instructions and they assured me I was in good hands.

We (my father-in-law and I both left)

1 hour later I get a call about the "accident" and that I needed to come down...

WTF!

So this is what I found...

[...]
PICT0077.JPG

It get's better. They said they read the manual, but not to the point where it spoke about the 4-point lift. After the crash, they continued reading. Yipee for me.

The damage is inclusive of the rear clam, front clam, underneath the driver's door, and a nice puncture through the bottom diffuser around the passenger seat area.

When I was there, they had a wrecker attached with a winch to the front end so it wouldn't come crashing down. After it cleared the lift, the front end swung around and crashed into some tool chests.

I'm mostly worried about the rear structure... the puncture underneath and the loss of value of the car (it's paid off free and clear)!

I've already called Dimmit in Clearwater and they are expecting the vehicle. Goodyear has filed the claim with their carrier and has promised to fully cover the repair. Luckly my FIL was there as a witness.

What else do I need to be concerned about in the repair/insurance claim? Diminished value, loss of use (not my primary vehicle), etc.

Last edited: