Idiots + cars = LOL

Moron who think if you're driving slow enough you can roll past 3 school buses with their lights on.

IMG_20210927_074018.jpg

After I took pictures of him, including his face, he pulled next to the sidewalk.

IMG_20210927_074041.jpg

I watched it a few times and laughed each time.

They must be stopping trucks from going through, the parallel Tudor Road has a 7' restriction too.

Last edited:
Again!

Seen the result of something similar. New truck doing delivery, forgot handbrake and rolled down the road off the side of a pier, landing upside down.

I don't see how the municipality would be responsible for drivers hitting stationary things.

What are they crashing into, exactly? The things on the sides? Does something lift from the ground? And is the municipality responsible for the damage? :eek:

Metal bollards on each side of a 7ft wide restriction. Been there for a bout 10 years!!!!! The amount of damage is horrendous.

Video here explains it best:

I don't see how the municipality would be responsible for drivers hitting stationary things.

Stupid design of the municipality approved stationary thing.

I don't like most traffic calming measures but this one seems egregious. the sign should be further back and report a much narrower width, the bollards should be painted day-glo and/or have reflective elements. For that matter, that report suggests the much better solution in just putting CCTV in there and fining the non-compliant vehicles. Being the UK, they would even make money by also making it a speed camera.

Bad Road Design in UK.jpg

It is here.

It is a blatant case of horrendously bad road design.

It's as large as a normal car.

In all honesty, the municipality should pay all the damages to drivers who crashed there.

It's a really strange one, it's been like that for over 10 years (Streetview) but it has only become popular now for some reason. The road that runs parallel with it has also had the width restriction for almost 10 years.

It's a dumb design, it's actually narrower than the narrowest part of my narrow garage. They're only keeping it there because of the sweet, sweet money from the bus lane fines.

It's a really strange one, it's been like that for over 10 years (Streetview) but it has only become popular now for some reason.

The locals got fed up and started posting the crashes online.

If they just moved the bollards behind the kerbs, it would save a lot of grief.

From Google Maps it appears to be a suburban, low-density residential area.

To me, it appears to be a case of "we will impose our idea of safety at all costs, and if that will make you unsafe, too bad for you: safety is more important than your safety".

The width restriction suggests that truck drivers used it as a shortcut, something that caused a new road here to be closed for a while.

It would have been better to close it in the middle and make it accessible only from one end or the other. No trucks going through it without the need to make the road unsafe.