Idiots+motorcycles=LOL

You don't even need to know anything to know its a bad idea....
Well he did it, so he knows ... less than nothing? Negative IQ?

I don?t know what?s worse: the idea of "landscaping" or the camera on the ground.

Maybe he was trying to scare the deer away.

There's this ever shining gem:

And then here's a stretched busa ridden in the 'hood:

This does end well, but I can only attribute it to apparently massive black balls and a complete lack of sense of the rider. I bet he was absolutely high, too :D

I fucking hate it when those morons do stoppies on public roads....

Personally, I think that wheelies are much, much more dangerous, especially on roads without central reservation and guard rails/concrete barriers.

Personally, I think that wheelies are much, much more dangerous, especially on roads without central reservation and guard rails/concrete barriers.
Well both are retarded really but stoppies annoy me more because with wheelies they usually gtfo of my way pretty quick.

Why? Instinctively I'd say stoppies are more dangerous than wheelies.

Why? Instinctively I'd say stoppies are more dangerous than wheelies.

Well it appears to me that a stoppie is executed when one's residual velocity is quite low, since you're not so much stopping as balancing on one wheel once you've kicked up the rear. I suppose it depends on how high a stoppie is, low ones probably can pull considerable g, but I reckon the higher the g the higher the chance of the rear coming around. So, if a rider crashes during a stoppie he can't do much damage except to his inconsiderate self. And there's a very low probability of anyone being killed (including the rider), as I see it.

When doing a wheelie, though, one is constantly accelerating (probably not so much when it's fully up). And I would assume a certain base speed is required for a wheelie to be more 'stable'. Any mistake normally leads to the driver and the bike sliding somewhere uncontrollably. Theoretically, there's a probability of 0.5 that the slide is in the direction of the fast lane of the oncoming traffic.

Mind you I know fuck all about bikes and have never ridden one. And I'm drunk :D Can anyone knowledgeable chip in?

You can do a wheelie from a standstill, and a stoppie from 60mph. Both can be done at high and low speeds.
And you only accelerate/brake to get into the position where you can balance it on one wheel, not constantly.

The reason why I would say a stoppie is more dangerous is because when you suddenly need to stop, increasing the braking force will potentially make the bike rotate further forward, so you risk flipping over.
When you decrease throttle or brake while doing a wheelie though, the front wheel will tend to drop down again.
So braking with the front wheel up means transitioning into a more stable state, whereas braking with the rear wheel up means further destabilizing the current state.

But I'm not expert either, that's just what I'm thinking.

Not a crash, but also, not very smart girl.

[video=youtube;k8XH-Lve7Ss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8XH-Lve7Ss&list=FLQitP5pOJ3GPzWZow8DxCvQ&index=79&feature=plpp[/video]

Not sure, if this fits in this thread as there aren't much lols, but it is one of the rare videos that genuinely make me scared just watching.

You can do a wheelie from a standstill, and a stoppie from 60mph. Both can be done at high and low speeds.

Technically, yes.
In real life (i.e. what I saw with my eyes) stoppies are done at low speeds, bringing a bike to a halt without any intensive last-second deceleration. To do a wheelie bikers always pull ahead of the traffic (when the light turns green), gain considerable distance and maintain speed higher than that of the fastest of the cars launching behind. Which implies they're at least 10mph over the limit. Often much more than that. Few people pull high wheelies (at least here they do), which means they're under considerable acceleration all the time. And I thought that landing a wheelie at speed is hard in itself, and almost impossible if anything goes wrong. Again, just my opinion.

Landing a wheelie at speed is actually easier than landing a slower one due to gyroscopic precession. As for producing a wheelie... just roll on the throttle fast with my 919, the nose comes right up. I don't need to get out in front, etc., etc. And remember, the 919 is slow by modern sportbike standards.

Also, stoppies have the issue of "have to keep the bike's body aligned with the direction of travel with arm strength" at higher angles, since there's this hinge at the front called 'the steering head' that isn't out back. Modern bikes at a full out panic stop can pull a stoppie at speed; most non-tourers/cruisers have been able to do this since the 80s. When CrazyJeeper had his recent crash into the back of a Lexus on his 85 VF500F, his rear wheel was in the air due to how hard he was on the brakes. My 700 doesn't want to do that but that's more a function of the longer-than-class-normal front end rake.

Last edited:
Landing a wheelie at speed is actually easier than landing a slower one due to gyroscopic precession. As for producing a wheelie... just roll on the throttle fast with my 919, the nose comes right up. I don't need to get out in front, etc., etc. And remember, the 919 is slow by modern sportbike standards.

Sure, I mentioned earlier that faster wheelies would be more stable in theory (precisely because of the gyroscopic effect), but I am not sure of how important it is to keep the front wheel perfectly straight when landing a wheelie. Again, in theory, the higher the speed, the less is the tolerable margin of mistake (misaligned wheel -> change in trajectory + instant weight redistribution -> crash -- in my mind), but I wonder how much this same gyroscopic effect takes care of that problem. Basically, does one have to be much more precise with higher speeds? I'm not talking about Ghost Riders' 200+ mph wheelies he performed on his mad, mad turbo 'busa :)

Spectre, I do understand that you just have to twist the throttle to pull a wheelie. In 99% of cases I have seen though, wheelies were performed from the lights in the way I described. I live in a big congested city, I'm not talking about pulling wheelies while cruising on deserted motorways.

And while you're here - which one stunt is more dangerous in your opinion?

Not sure, if this fits in this thread as there aren't much lols, but it is one of the rare videos that genuinely make me scared just watching.

Porsche guy brakes too much for corners a lot of them he could have taken at the same speed.