Idiots+motorcycles=LOL

Over here, lane-splitting is in sort of a grey area. It is not specifically forbidden in any laws, but also not specifically allowed.

Two related videos I found researching the topic on local motorbike forums.

My general rules of thumb for lane splitting (where it's legal) are:

1. Traffic must be stopped or traveling 10mph or less.
2. No more than 5-10mph faster than the speed of traffic.

Much beyond that and bad things happen.

Over here, lane-splitting is in sort of a grey area. It is not specifically forbidden in any laws, but also not specifically allowed.

Two related videos I found researching the topic on local motorbike forums.

Good work Mr. Truck at not indicating.

So it's not just the wafflelanders making up weird rules. :p It appears quite a lot of the continent agrees with them.
Well a large part of the continent also thought the Euro was a good idea... ;)

My general rules of thumb for lane splitting (where it's legal) are:

1. Traffic must be stopped or traveling 10mph or less.
2. No more than 5-10mph faster than the speed of traffic.

Much beyond that and bad things happen.

from january 1st 2012 onwards bikes will only allowed to be doing max 20kmh faster when overtaking a car in the same lane...

...how they will check/enfore that is beyond me though :|

for bikers, several things will change next year
- long sleeves obligated (no mention of protecting clothing, just long sleeves :rolleyes:)
- obligated to wear footwear that protects the ankle
- passengers must be at least 8yo

Last edited:
Good work Mr. Truck at not indicating.

If you look closely you will see that he does indicate. You can see the indicator flashing two times before the bike gets on the side of the truck.

Still, the truck drive should have seen him and he did indicate quite late.

If you look closely you will see that he does indicate. You can see the indicator flashing two times before the bike gets on the side of the truck.

Still, the truck drive should have seen him and he did indicate quite late.

I missed that. Indicating as you make a turn however is just as bad as not indicating.

- long sleeves obligated (no mention of protecting clothing, just long sleeves :rolleyes:)

Yeah, I had to have long sleeves in driving school. Not a protective jacket, just long sleeves.
I don't really see the point of that. It's not like it would help.
Oh well, it was at least more comfortable in the middle of summer then a full jacket!

How am I suppose to show my bitching tats with long sleeve shirts!

from january 1st 2012 onwards bikes will only allowed to be doing max 20kmh faster when overtaking a car in the same lane...

...how they will check/enfore that is beyond me though :|

Mmmh... let me guess... in case of lane-splitting crash, if the calculation will show the bike going 20+ kph faster than the car, the biker will be likely to get fined.

So beureaucracy, mostly, rather than safety. Not too bad, in a sense, but not exactly what you would expect to find.

Last edited:
I also like how as he is sliding down the road he is watching his bike the entire time. "Noooo mah gixxah!!!" (not sure if it's actually a GSX-R, just for sarcastic purposes)

I also like how as he is sliding down the road he is watching his bike the entire time. "Noooo mah gixxah!!!" (not sure if it's actually a GSX-R, just for sarcastic purposes)
:lol: I watched that and thought, "What the hell is he looking at?" And after thinking about it, the few times I've low-sided all I did was watch my bike. And I probably winced more from the sight of it bouncing off a curb than from my own scrapes and bruises.

Was that from Squidfest?

That exhaust reminds me of the Corley in Full Throttle.

fboxc.jpg

[video=youtube;THOO0Z-gfQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOO0Z-gfQI&feature=related[/video]