If I hear "On that bombshell!" one more time...

"on that bombshell..." doesn't really bother me either way. in fact i never really noticed it before i read this thread. and now i have, it still doesn't piss me off, i just wonder for how long he's gonna keep saying it :lol:

don't know why people won't let poor old jezza have his catch-phrase, after all, no-one got sick of urkel's "did i do that?" or arnold's "what-choo talking 'bout willis" or steve irwin's "crikey!", did they? ;)

thts cuz the others are kewl and nice to hear anyway....i love the phrase- watchoo talkin bout willis.....man thts 80's for u....they dont make em like they used to

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
Kebab gud said:
10Bucks on that he is not gonna say "And on that bombshell" this week :mrgreen:

Gonna be an easy ten bucks for me then ;)

I guess he was thinking that we wouldn't say it because of London terrorist attacks, but the episode was recorded before it happened, so it's already on tape. Your only hope is that they edit it out. Not likely, though.
Now, do you know the paypal details to send him the money? :p

Sounds like it's an inside joke between the guys at the studio...

I don't think he'll say on that bombshell either, hell, we don't even know if TG will air this weekend.

bihus said:
I guess he was thinking that we wouldn't say it because of London terrorist attacks, but the episode was recorded before it happened, so it's already on tape. Your only hope is that they edit it out. Not likely, though.
Now, do you know the paypal details to send him the money? :p

Which demonstrates how tasteless it was not to edit it, or to have an announcement (as sometimes happens) stating that the programme was recorded before the events of last Thursday.

Even though I'm not a fan of these kitsch phrases, I will be disappointed if it's back in the script for Wednesday in the light of the London attacks.

Why? Its a catch phrase. Its been around a loooooong time before London's attacks and well after Spain's and 9/11.

I'd be pissed if they didn't bring it back for that reason. Just because it offends the slim few who want everything so dam PC in this world.

Leppy said:
I'd be pissed if they didn't bring it back for that reason. Just because it offends the slim few who want everything so dam PC in this world.

Amen. As stupid as TV stations refusing to broadcast anything with scyscrapers in it after 9/11. The BBC shouldn't care about the always offended.

Obvious that neither of you 2 live and/or work in London like some of us. You'd see it a bit differently if it happened in your home town.

Is it just me, or does Clarkson sound a lot like Alan Partridge when he says 'and on that bombshell ...'?

I'm guessing that someone has told Clarkson that he sounds a lot like Alan Partridge at times (which is does), and it's his attempt at an impersonation.

Maybe he should start saying 'A-ha!' as well. :D

Electrastar~Indochine said:
Obvious that neither of you 2 live and/or work in London like some of us. You'd see it a bit differently if it happened in your home town.

don't be a victim of the american-esque-style media, which is becoming more and more global. somehow, by not saying something or by not retracting something, it means the opposite?

so you're saying that by clarkson/bbc not retracting "on that bombshell" that that secretly means that they're glad terrorists attacked london? for fuck's sake. that's why americans always say "i thank god", cos if people don't hear them say that, the media interpret it as them not being thankful of god, which doesn't do their popularity any good at all.

how about this weeks' top tip? use your own brain, and don't let the media get away with insulting you with their "if you have no idea, click here to insert opinion."

Electrastar~Indochine said:

Yeah. Too bad my sister was a block away from the bus that was bombed huh.

Yeah. Didn't like getting a phone call from her in tears because of what she has witnessed.

Leppy said:
Yeah. Too bad my sister was a block away from the bus that was bombed huh.

Yeah. Didn't like getting a phone call from her in tears because of what she has witnessed.

sorry to hear that leppy :(. glad she's ok though.

The bombshell gag appears as normal again this week, and Jeremy cracks up laughing as he says it.

Do you know something. It really doesn't bother me anymore, probably because of Jezza with the higgles.

Did you get to go to the taping? How do you know?! :D

:(

They'll never stop saying it. :(