If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?

don't eat that carrot cake and throw up all over their car at brian's bday party in first grade.

Expand your knowledge beyond what is expected of you.

Go to college - even if you have to work summers to pay for it, go to school.

Also, your adoptive mother is crazy - take everything she says with a grain of salt. (I.e. If she says that you're weird and all women hate you, that just means that she feels that way.)

Reactions: TC
I'd go back to when I was 15....

....AND SLAP MYSELF SILLY FOR PUTTING A CIGARETTE IN MY MOUTH THINKING I WAS COOL

7 years I smoked, I've been smoke free for 10 years and I'm still paying for it now. Worst decision I've ever made.

But how would your present-day self know not to marry her if your past self hadn't done it?

That's the grandfather paradox, isn't it?

You could apply that question with pretty much everything if you think about it. And no it's not. Present day self remembers the warning about woman not to marry so when meets her, doesn't. However must go back in time to give the warning again to past-self.

Grandfather paradox implies you physically cannot kill your grandfather in the past because then you would not exist to do it in the first place. Or the universe implodes, one or the other... maybe.

Last edited:
I'd tell teen me to stop beeing a lazy dumbass! Do things you want to do, not just think about doing them. Don't be so shy because it's really pointless.
And most of all, study more, and go to college of your choice, not somebody else's.

My life isn't bad, I just have some regrets...

Oh yeah, and excersise a bit more dammit!

I'd go back to when I was about 15 and tell myself to just chill the fuck out, jesus.

easiest question ever: I'd tell myself to find and work for my own ideals and dreams, instead of chasing those of others.
Do things you want to do, not just think about doing them. Don't be so shy because it's really pointless.
And most of all, study more, and go to college of your choice, not somebody else's.
I'm 28, too and thinking along almost exactly those lines... is there something about that age?

I'm 28, too and thinking along almost exactly those lines... is there something about that age?

I dunno. If I had the chance, I would have done it years ago :D

Thing is, i'm pretty naive, I might listen too myself. It's only about 10 years difference and I haven't changed much, so I'd see it was me hehe

Pay attention!

I'd go back to when I was about 15 and tell myself to just chill the fuck out, jesus.

Jesus? Why don't you tell yourself to talk to your father and get him to send a few bolts of lightning to take care of some bad people to show the rest of the world where the line is drawn.

:p

"Idiot: Rayna is into you. What she's been doing this weekend? That's her, "flirting" with you, dummy. Now go get 'er, tiger!"

Inspired by discussions elsewhere, answer the question.

If you could go back to any time in your life, and give yourself one piece of advice, when would you go back to and what would you tell yourself?

I'd go back to when I was in middle school and tell myself to try harder sooner and to try and get as many scholarships as you can, since your parents will not be of any help.

Build up your social skills, geek out less, pursue your dream job by calling that guy from that sound company you talked to. That slightly thick girl you took to the movies once? TALK TO HER MORE.

Oh and, when you go to the empty warehouse your church just bought, DO NOT hop on the flatbed cart your brother just hooked up to his Bronco. It was fun when your friend did it in his Windstar, keep it that way.

Last edited:
My younger self would probably clip me off, because I know too much. :D

I would tell myself to say yes when my parents suggested I changed school, then I might have liked school and might have had some friends.

I would tell myself that the (then compulsory) military service would be the worst 9 months in my life and I shouldn't to it since
a) I wasn't allowed to work on the electronics since I just came from secondary school (13 years of school, but "no practical knowledge") and
b) I got lazy there and gained about 20 kg of weight which I still carry around 12 years later

I do have some regrets, but nothing time-travel worthy. I'd only do the lottery thing.