If you had a time machine....

I'd go forward, hoverboards should be here in Nov 2015.
I'd go forward 50 years, will we have flying cars and will we be living on the moon?
I'd go forward 20 years, to see if the Veyron is still the greatest car ever made.

You're all jerks for wanting to stop WWII from ever happening. It's one of the reasons I exist.

Why do you all hate me so much? :cry:

If I had a time machine I would go back and give myself some lottery numbers(say 10 million$$). And see what really happened at Roswell, in Dallas on Nov. 22nd 1963, the Tunguska Even, see Julius Ceaser assinated, watch Apollo 11, stop events on Dec. 8th 1980 in NY, see the Trojan Horse, Pompeii, Battle of Thermopylae, among many others.

I also want to meet many historical figures/ landmarks, Ben Franklin, Einstein, Hitler(to remind him that he is part jewish), Jesus, Cleopatra, Twain, Abraham Lincoln, Leonardo Da Vinci, the pyramids(Egyptian and Aztec), Seven Wonders, the Roman Coliseum, and many more.

I would also go into the future several times to see what becomes of humanity, technology, and to see what history has to say about my lifetime and how that changes throughout time. I would also attend my own funeral.

Last edited:
You're all jerks for wanting to stop WWII from ever happening. It's one of the reasons I exist.

Why do you all hate me so much? :cry:

It's a reason why a good chunk of the United States populace exists.

First I'd look up a crap-ton of past winning lottery numbers and write 'em down for safe keeping. Then I'd go back to the day before the record Mega Millions $390 million drawing and clean house. And while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and use my guaranteed winning numbers to win every single lottery on the face of the planet (barring the ones a US citizen isn't eligible for) and buy up every badass car, every monster house, island, jet, helicopter and everything else that I've ever dreamed about.

The End.

I think first of all, I would go back to the 1930s - 1950s and hide some cars in my barn to be discovered in 2009 :)
And as long as I am there, why not check out Grand Prix races on the Nordschleife and Le Mans? And I want to see the Hindenburg.
Then, I think I would get myself a nice sum of money by investing in companies like google and microsoft.
After this is finished, I think I will go back to some historic events and see them happen.
No need to change anything, as this would change my reality :/

Then, I think I would get myself a nice sum of money by investing in companies like google and microsoft.

No need to change anything, as this would change my reality :/

Nice contradiction there. Don't want to change your reality? Remember, if you go back and give yourself loads of money, then come back to now, you don't know what you will have done with that money, and it might not be all happy and jolly in the now time.

Last edited:
Nice contradiction there. Don't want to change your reality? Remember, if you go back and give yourself loads of money, then come back to now, you don't know what you will have done with that money, and it might not be all happy and jolly in the now time.

did he say he was gonna give his past self the money? man thats what long term safe deposite boxes are for... also long term u store it..

ofc I would hide it so I get called the second I return with a message from my bank "here are your 200 billions!"

Of course time travel is possible. We are all traveling through time all the time. Forward, and in a linear fashion. But not necessarily at the same rate. Didn't any of you ever study relativity?

Personally, if I could skip around time at my leisure, I'd go far, far into the future (and hopefully through space) and get a peek at some new worlds. Even seeing the difference in what the Earth looks like a million or so years from now would be a real kick. Hell, maybe I'd go all the way just to see what the end of the universe looks like. Order me a nice rare steak from that cow at the restaurant.

Woodstock doesn't hold a candle to that.

It's the edge of the universe, and there is a very nice restaurant there.

Killing Hitler would only cause problems. If Hitler is killed, then someone else from the party will take his place. Probably Himmler.

I'm not going anywhere near this argument, but there's an Alternate Fiction book based on that premise by Stephen Fry that I recommend. It's called Making History.

As for what I'd do with a time machine...I'd love to visit the Roman Empire in its prime. Not necessarily stay there, but I do admire the Romans.

I would go foward in time 260 years, just in time for the release of Duke Nukem Forever.

I would go foward in time 260 years, just in time for the release of Duke Nukem Forever.

Don't forget your Nintendo 64. The game is probably going to use the graphics expansion pack so you'll need to go back in time enough to buy one otherwise youll never find it.

I'd go back to yesterday, cuz there was a pretty good sandwich I'd like to have again.

Last edited: