Your digital dash to be :

A) Mounted on the car ?

332w9c9.jpg

2jb8ymb.jpg

- OR -

B) Goes along with the steering wheel ?

2ryq0hw.jpg

2aezaiq.jpg

Always been a point of interest to me. RedBull and McLaren are the only ones fielding cars with mounted dashes while the rest do with B.

If it was me, I'll go for A. I dont wanna see my speed and gear sideways lol :lol:

Never afraid to ask the big questions, eh EsSpy? ;)

Given my experience with GP4, I'd say the mounted dash is the best one.

lol wheres the "head-up display" option

I don't know, maybe wheel mounted because it'd be clear most of the time when your not taking corners. The car-mounted option is a bit obscure. But I too question whether they actually use it that much. But this coming from someone who knows bugger-all about F1.

I really doubt they use it. I've been only watching F1 for 2.5 seasons now but all the gear changes must be down to memorization. There is no way in hell they're looking down and saying oh wait am in 2nd or 3rd because by the time they do it'll be too late.

But I do wish I had that steering wheel in my car instead of the ship steering wheel I have now.

I think they're both pretty even, but I would go for the car mounted one because it's always the right way up, and twisting your head isn't an option. :D

Never afraid to ask the big questions, eh EsSpy? ;)

Given my experience with GP4, I'd say the mounted dash is the best one.
Lol, big question ?

And is my nick such a OPTICAL ILLUSION ? :lol:

Its.... esPpy !!!

form live for speed, i can tell it would be difficult to see rpm in cornes, but you would say, you downchange before the corner, yeah, but mistakes can be done, anyway you only need rpm on the straits and before conrners, when the steering wheel is straight, so it doesn't make any diffrence so far as i can tell (bit of a copy clarkson ending ... still )

if it's on the steering wheel you can look at revs/gear while turning... so that gets my vote

I've had both on karts and the steering wheel is bloody annoying...the dash is way better, doesn't distact you or force you to tilt the image in your head...

120mph+ in a corner, you won't care whats on the dash. Only relevant on the straights so therefore I am not sure it really matters. Probably on the wheel for me.

As most you have said I think it's irrelevant where the dash is. The only thing the driver's will actually see when racing are the gear-shift lights.

Also, since the buttons are going to be on the steering wheel anyway, why not put the digital dash on the wheel? Even if it was mounted on the car, the steering will obstruct it's view when turning. So IMO, it doesn't make much difference where it is located.

I wouldn't care..Honestly you never look at that outside of starts, and in the pits..

I think a HUD on the helmet would be pretty distracting (not something you can't get used to, though, obviously... I'm sure it will happen soon. Didn't Ralf Schumacher have something like that once?), I just think that in terms of driving quickly, the dash is sort of in your field of vision, and you need to only glance down to see the info on it. As you're focused on the track which is always horizontal (ish) my brain would automatically understand what's written on the dash (rather than the steering wheel), as it would already automatically compensate for my head tilting with reference to the ground.

Am I rambling?

On the steering wheel that way it is never obstructed from your field of vision. But as said, I don't think any of them look at it except for the shift light...