If your relationship isn't working, is it OK to cheat??

If your relationship isn't working, is it OK to cheat??

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Yes, but only if I'm absolutely sure I won't get caught

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • No

Votes: 90 96.8%
  • No, but I'm leaving my partner eventually, so it isn't really cheating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
Considering a comment made elsewhere, and a recent show on TV, what are your thoughts?

You're in a relationship that isn't working. You aren't getting sexual satisfaction with the person you are with. Is it OK to sleep with someone else?

(poll results are private, but please provide comment)

Last edited:
Erm, no.

If the relationship isn't working you break it off, then you can do whatever the fuck you like.

NO.

If the relationship is not working, fix it or end it, but do not complicate matters even further.

I don't understand why this is a question. Breaking up is bad enough without cheating involved. And do you want to risk your future partner finding out and suspecting you might do the same to him/her?

Shouldn't this sort of thing be in the NSFW section?

People have different perspectives about stuff. Just getting some discussion happening :D

I'm not asking people to post pron about it or give descriptions of what sex positions they used. Morality / value judgements and opinions aren't NSFW. Besides, wider community out here. In there, it's just the same people responding.

Last edited:
Using an Internet Poll to justify what I suspect the reason for this thread is for is not going to make things better. Though I suspect it will make things popcorn worthy in the NSFW sections later.

Using an Internet Poll to justify what I suspect the reason for this thread is for is not going to make things better. Though I suspect it will make things popcorn worthy in the NSFW sections later.

There is no hidden agenda. Any Aussie that has seen the Can of Worms show will recognise it. I watched it, had some drinks with some friends, some of which have cheated / been cheated on, and it was a lively (and very frank) discussion. Hopefully the same happens here before it degenerates into personal abuse.

And no, I'm not in a relationship, and not the 'other woman' either.

Last edited:
For a more prosaic analogy, if your business is failing, do you rob a bank to prop it up? If you're writing a novel, sure; if you're actually living it, not so much.

I personally would not. My personality type, ISTJ, are renowned for being loyal.

Cheating doe reveals a persons character, though.

You can hope that a cheater will change, but they will not. Best to know some history before starting a relationship, and if a person wants to take the risk, they know what could potentially be in store for them. I myself avoid those kind of people, whether it be intimate or platonic relationships, because it grates my own morals.

Answer is no. But I still did it in the past. Definitely not something I'm proud of.

In my situation, the only positive thing I could say that came out of that is that it forced me to take action and actually end the bad relationship. Of course it would have been better to end it first before moving on to somebody else.

NO.

If the relationship is not working, fix it or end it, but do not complicate matters even further.

Exactly. If you're not getting your jollies from that person, maybe you should talk to them about it. There might be something else going on that could solve the problem. Maybe they're stressed, falling ill, tired from work, etc etc...

Cheating is cheating. And you're a rat bastard if you do so. No matter which side you're on.

I saw Can of Worms the other night. I'd never seen it before. It was an interesting show but I didn't think they worded their questions very well. When they start putting phrases like "is it ever okay to..." they leave themselves open to the "black swan" argument. They need to work on that.

As for the cheating, I don't agree with extra-marital sex without the partner's knowledge and blessing. But I also don't think anybody but the cheater's partner (and children if still dependent) have any right to judge them for it.

Last edited:
You may be missing the point of an anonymous poll there D-Fence. :lol:

I haven't voted at all. None of the options are jumping out at me.