IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Coming on 24th of March!

matyas

Car(s)
1981 Mercedes 280SE
After six long years of waiting, Oleg is finally releasing the "Battle of Britain" IL2 game. I really hope it will be as good as IL-2 Sturmovik was. So, who has theirs pre-ordered?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcm_5L6yZIY[/YOUTUBE]

*EDIT* Title is a bit off, it seems according to Steam, the game will be released on the 31st of March.

Last edited:
looks good, never played the other games but anything that lets me fly a Spitfire is going to be worth a look.

This came as a surprise to me, I had no idea it was on its way. I really do want to buy it, but it will depend on how much time I have.

Got it bookmarked on Steam, looks good but the engine must be getting on now... I really enjoyed the original games, and Pacific Fighters was good too, looking forward to this.

Got it bookmarked on Steam, looks good but the engine must be getting on now... I really enjoyed the original games, and Pacific Fighters was good too, looking forward to this.

This is a completely new engine if I remember right.

Il2 + expansions may well be my most played games ever. I'm ordering the collector's edition of this as long as it doesn't cost stupid money over the regular version. (I want to get some boxed version instead of a donwload in any case)

I bought Sturmovik and have yet to get my head around it. I appreciate sims, as a PC gamer, but that one takes quite some extra patience. I think you need to sit down with a manual and a whole night to dedicate to it.

So it turns out THIS is the reason for the delay of the western version.

So yeah. If I can get some clear confirmation that it will work in the US, (especially without getting me banned from Steam!) I'm ordering the Russian version.

And remind me to punch a lawyer while I'm at it.

My package arrived today, and I can't wait to get home and test the game.

I have to say though, that I am really worried, and would not recommend this game to anyone right now. I have heard of massive fps problems, SLI compatibility problems, force feedback problems....

^ Doesn't work well with my Logitech Freedom 2.4 Joystick either. :( Basically have to calibrate the whole thing, and I still have minimal control. When I get a bit of free time I will have another go.

Meanwhile, Shogun 2: Total War is excellent and well worth the 16GB download. :)

Last edited: