I'm back too

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
Once I signed back after quite a few months of silence now and looking at how many posts I missed (I was expecting something like that) ... well, I just signed back out and back in ... not going to read all that.

So, I'm back everyone ... and honestly, I don't even know if my avatar works anymore. Taking the year off from uni, so I've got a whole lot of time on my hands, besides a job, so I'll make a point in coming back here from time to time.

Missed all you guys and sorry for being a leecher for the time I was out.

Did I miss anything ? Except for the hamster's 300 mph head-plow ?

Oh, and looking into taking up skydiving soon ... after I raise some money :p.

Welcome back :D

And you are.....?

Just kidding: of course I remember you :D

:welcome: BACK

Re: I'm back too

vladmitu said:
Did I miss anything ? Except for the hamster's 300 mph head-plow ?
Fifth Gear now sucks. While it was never as good as Top Gear, it used to be at least good to watch. Now... not so much so.

We're also changing forum software soon and we're on a new server, er array of servers, so no more forum downtime except for hardware related ones. :)

Vlad is back.

Didn't even know you were gone really. :welcome: back. Don't be like Justin. He came back and then he left again :lol:.

:welcome: back...

vladmitu said:
^or probably too busy reading the threads in the politics section ... he might answer all of them at once ... try dealing with that ... :D

Don't want to...:lol:

Re: I'm back too

vladmitu said:
Oh, and looking into taking up skydiving soon ... after I raise some money :p.

If you stop posting again we will all think you smacked into the ground - You now have an obligation to post atleast once a day just to tell us you're okay. :cry:

^the chances of the main canopy not opening are very slim ... like 1 in a million last time I heard ... and then again, there's always the reserve chute, which is packed by certified experts only ... it's the law. However, there's all sorts of other risks like having the lines of the parachute tangled and stuff, in which case it can be very hard to break free and open your reserve .... some people ate it that way, but seriously, the chances of having that are not much higher than dying in a car accident while driving, so it's not as risky as you think.

The only difference is, when getting into a fatal car accident, it's sudden and out of nowhere, but in skydiving you have that delay of a few seconds of sheer terror when you just know it's going to be messy and you don't have time to pray...

I don't know which is worse though, knowing that you're going to die in a couple of seconds, and that before going ahead with the stunt, you know that you may die and you are in prepared for it, or getting hit by the car without even knowing you've risked your life just by going behind the wheel... unprepared for it whatsoever.

EDIT: and no, I won't make a "vlad's still alive" thread, because first of all it's boring, and secondly you guys would lock it after a while, so what's the point ? :D