• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

I'm convincing my dad to order the new Civic!

I'm convincing my dad to order the new Civic!

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I fell asleep reading the poll

• Total voters

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
I liked it that much!!!!!

After watching 5th Gears review of the new Honda Civic, I was so impressed by it I have ordered a test drive when the very first demo-car arrives late january.

Now, I'm not usually fond of this segment, but seriously guys - weren't you also convinsed?

This will be a replacement for his latest Corolla, a car as safe as $ in da bank. But also very boring ... he has owned Toyoytas since the 70's, and with the exception of a VW Golf II in 1990, he has always owned Toyota.

So when he sold his 2005 Landcruiser two months ago, he needs some enlightenment (no more need for a 4x4, AND he just became father, again.....)

I think this new Civic is THE car for him!

haz

Re: I'm convincing my dad to order the new Civic!

haz said:

After watching 5th Gears review of the new Honda Civic, I was so impressed by it I have ordered a test drive when the very first demo-car arrives late january.

Now, I'm not usually fond of this segment, but seriously guys - weren't you also convinsed?

This will be a replacement for his latest Corolla, a car as safe as $ in da bank. But also very boring ... he has owned Toyoytas since the 70's, and with the exception of a VW Golf II in 1990, he has always owned Toyota.

So when he sold his 2005 Landcruiser two months ago, he needs some enlightenment (no more need for a 4x4, AND he just became father, again.....)

haz
Does he like drinking cos it'll tell him where the nearest pub is :lol:

In all seriousness, the new Civic rocks :thumbsup: But I rekon if you buy one, it won't be cheap. You'd want the fancy sat-nav in it and by the time its specced up, it'll be way more expensive than the competition, but its a cool new car.

I say go for it!

If it's gonna be in this segment, defintly the civic. Insted of doing like all the others, and SAY it's revolutionary, it actually is it. Very cool Honda has the guts to do something so radical.
+ Hondas quality should be as bullitproof as that of the Toyota

andyhui01 said:
just realized us asians will be getting a different civic :(

Booo :( Maybe I can start a petition to Honda Au to bring it in. I actually like that Civic that was reviewed... :)

Otherwise, I'll have to remove it from the list to test drive then...

so which one will you be getting?

It's a good car, no doubt. But please let the guy buy the car he likes... I know if i have my kids told me what car i should buy, I'll be pissed. What, I cant spend MY money the way I like it?
Just grow up and buy the car yourself :D

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
haz said:

haz
Does he like drinking cos it'll tell him where the nearest pub is :lol:

In all seriousness, the new Civic rocks :thumbsup: But I rekon if you buy one, it won't be cheap. You'd want the fancy sat-nav in it and by the time its specced up, it'll be way more expensive than the competition, but its a cool new car.

I say go for it!

It's actually gonna be cheaper than the latest Corolla which he owns now! Sadly, the version FG tested (2.2L diesel) won't be avaliable in Norway, it will be taxed too high ... bohoo... he'll go for the 1.8L I guess, if he gets it..
andyhui01 said:
just realized us asians will be getting a different civic :(

YUP!!! It'll be a looker though .... still.... I've seen pics of the new Corolla too, and it's actually hotter looking than the Civic. BUT, I think I'll recomend the Civic cuz it's revolutionary..
911GT1 said:
It's a good car, no doubt. But please let the guy buy the car he likes... I know if i have my kids told me what car i should buy, I'll be pissed. What, I cant spend MY money the way I like it?

ohhhhhhh paliiiiiiiize ......... he begs me to update him on this stuff so .... and I will of course let him buy whatever he may like!!! Geez ...

haz

so how much older are you gonna be from your new sibling?

well, as I said - my dad just became a dad again. My little sister is now 1 1/2 yrs. old, and I am 25, and my brother is 29, and my dad is 61 .... I don't want to get more into that if that's ok

haz

o ok, i was just wondering.

911GT1 said:
my dad asked me for help when he bought his 6 because he realized i know a lot more about cars than he does. he still didnt like the rx8 for some reason... i think being 6'5" had something to do with that decision.

I think the Civic is a very sensible car. It's well built, reliable, and has unassuming styling. I guess I should say it HAD unassuming styling. The only reason I'd stay away from the Civic in America is because I'd be associated with people like this:

gentoo_is_for_ricers.png

In Europe I guess it's the Citroen 2CV. Civics are driven by old folk in the rest of the world.

So I voted YES for the Civic.

haz said:
well, as I said - my dad just became a dad again. My little sister is now 1 1/2 yrs. old, and I am 25, and my brother is 29, and my dad is 61 .... I don't want to get more into that if that's ok

haz
OMG... I thought you're 16 or something like that, but 25?? If you want it that bad, buy the car yourself and leave your old man alone. I'm sure your dad is just trying to be nice and ask your opinion or something like that... Men are at their most pigheaded mindset when purchasing a car. And a 61 year old man driving in a civic is just wrong. Remember the average age for Civic owners are 57 and honda tried pretty hard to alienate buyers above 50 with such a radical design. You'll be undoing all that buy pursuading your father to buy the civic.
Ask him to buy a volvo, the much saner choice for an old man and it'll be less embarassing for him to drive around.

:lol: Civic :lol: 61 year old man.... please man save your dad if you really love him.

patrick10 said:
my dad asked me for help when he bought his 6 because he realized i know a lot more about cars than he does. he still didnt like the rx8 for some reason... i think being 6'5" had something to do with that decision.
You're from america, and you ask your dad to get a 6? If I were you I'll recommend him to get the 300C faster that you can type Mazda 6. A way better car for a mature man despite being not as reliable as japanese. But of course thats just my opinion.

911GT1 said:
haz said:

haz
OMG... I thought you're 16 or something like that, but 25?? If you want it that bad, buy the car yourself and leave your old man alone. I'm sure your dad is just trying to be nice and ask your opinion or something like that... Men are at their most pigheaded mindset when purchasing a car. And a 61 year old man driving in a civic is just wrong. Remember the average age for Civic owners are 57 and honda tried pretty hard to alienate buyers above 50 with such a radical design. You'll be undoing all that buy pursuading your father to buy the civic.
Ask him to buy a volvo, the much saner choice for an old man and it'll be less embarassing for him to drive around.

:lol: Civic :lol: 61 year old man.... please man save your dad if you really love him.

wow. so full of stereo types. you are a winner dude. :|

car or whatever, i and many people i know have no problem asking for purchase opinions from those that know more. its called doing a bit of research prior to purchase. would you be such a dick about him suggesting to his buddy what to buy? he is helping his dad out for christs sake, not holding a gun to his head.

Yeah, i'm trying to save his dad from a potential social suicide. But come on... if you see a 60 year old driving a civic? what the first thing that crossed your mind. If i'm full of "stereotypes" it's because the world is that way. Trying to explain that you're not a stereotype... now, that's hard.

people... I don't see anything wrong with helping his dad choosing a car... obviously, to be on this forum, we have an interest in cars and we know whats good on the market and whats not, and most probably better than our old man. If he asks for an opinion, you give him your honest opinion, I'm sure haz showed his old man a picture of the civic and asked if he liked it. He didn't go, fuck you, buy this civic now!

and 911GT1, wtf is with the stereotyping... you caught my eye by stereotyping volvo drivers. I don't like to say this but being malaysian and all but having lived abroad all my life, it just annoys me that malaysians are so damn narrow minded that they stereotype different cars to different people. I know all you see is guys in riceboxes with a 4" exhaust system trying to race anything on the street(and prob. think their cool), but there is a world of sensible drivers out there you know? Normal people who drive a civic normally, without any rice mods. Young people that actually like volvo's, think volvo's is for old people who want safe boxes (lemme tell you, one day you might be involved in an accident and you would wish you would have been in a volvo).