I'm dying to know why!

Porsche Liebhaber

Car(s)
'08 1.5L Impreza | '13 Renault Logan
I really want to know why didn't they let The Stig take the 911 Turbo (997) round the track for a record:?.

Are they waiting for the "S" version?:|

They didn?t mention it but as with some other Cars (Bugatti to name a prominent one), they?ve probably been told not to by Porsche.

I don't see how this would stop them. Turbo isn't exactly as hard to get your hands on as Veyron :)
... well then, what?s your theory? I mean of course that wouldn?t stop them ... but I?d be an obstacle if Porsche said "we really don?t want you to put the turbo round the track" and they don?t want to piss them of for the Future and they?ve had a lot of Porsches round the track in the last Years so maybe they?ve just gone "that?s not worth it" ...

They have at least 18293718.5 Porsches on the board, including turbos... so it's kind of pointless since it's so similar.

:shock:The 997 Turbo is by no mean similar to any other previous Turbo, so it's not gonna be pointless at all:thumbsup:

Are you trying to sound like zoran and his Mini fetish? They'll get around to it when they get around to it, if ever. Hell, they haven't sent the M-B SL65 around the track and it's also "no means similar" to any car, so bitch bitch moan moan blather on about how special it is and it's a damned dirty disgrace that they haven't done it and the full force of the EU UN NATO should fall on their blaspheming heads for not doing their duty.

And if you're trying to be satirical, that didn't work either.

I just wanted to compare the 911 Turbo's lap time to that of the Z06. I was disappointed that they didn't take it around.

Hey, let's call Zoran into this thread and let him argue endlessly about his point. He may be as anal about a porsche as he is about a mini

I really want to know why didn't they let The Stig take the 911 Turbo (997) round the track for a record:?.

I've seen a picture of the Stig getting into a 997 Turbo on Facebook or something, so I guess they couldn't be bothered to show it rape the F430 around the track. :)

Are you trying to sound like zoran and his Mini fetish? They'll get around to it when they get around to it, if ever. Hell, they haven't sent the M-B SL65 around the track and it's also "no means similar" to any car, so bitch bitch moan moan blather on about how special it is and it's a damned dirty disgrace that they haven't done it and the full force of the EU UN NATO should fall on their blaspheming heads for not doing their duty.

And if you're trying to be satirical, that didn't work either.

Why is all that mate:jawdrop: cool it:comfort:

Yeah didn't we have the EXACT same question about a mini just one second ago?