im getting a new motherboard and CPU :D

bigfoot1942

and it will be a AMD Athlon64 3000+ Venice and a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum-54G

Hopefully the CPU is one of those > 50% overclockers, so i can hit the 2.7GHz and get a 4200+ rating :D

ill put down a new 3dmark score to beat, and perhaps something like SuperPI :p

So, in short: what processor do you have on you gaming pc?

Got3n said:
Only at 2800MHz though. :p

And I have a P4C 3.0GHz @ 3.3GHz (hopefully gonna go higher) because when I built this, 64bit AMDs weren't out I don't think and plus, I didn't have any experience with AMDs. ;)

i have a P4 1.8GA (what does the A stand for?)

and i clock it to 2.4 when i play games =D

actually i been playing on my laptop most the time (SOF II MP Demo)

and that is a 1.6 centrino =D

P4 2.66

mine's still a P4 2.4... its abit old, I might replace it sometime next year when I need a desktop, right now, my desktop just sits there doing nothing

I'm looking to go the same route as you, a socket 939 agp solution. And actually want that exact same motherboard. I just think its a shame that they're still pretty expensive seeing that the new nforce 4 mobos are around that price.

I already have a bracket for my water block suited for it though :)

yeah, but i doubt if the motherboard will get substantially cheaper ever. So why wait :p

AMD mobile Athlon 64 2800+

stupid P4 2.0A... :thumbsdown:

i;m waiting for intel to make a fast 64bit processor or when the amd 64bit ones are much fsater than P4's. also want to wait till longhorn comes out and built the ultimate desktop b4 going to uni

bigfoot1942 said:
petergun said:
DFI Lanparty 4 Ultra + Winchester 1800 Mhz@ 2400 :thumbsup:
cant you get it higher?

Yep. 2700 is ok, but I can crash it with very heavy CPU use. Thermeltake XP120 on there ... so cooling is adequate, not extreme.

The biggest factor is that I have OCZ EL PC-3200 and that I don't go past 2.8v. If I wanted to run it at 3v ... who knows.

Isn't the AMD speed and P4 speed both mesured in GHz but its still something different...like a FX55 will own a 3.8 and my friends AMD which is older...i think its clock speed is 2.2 GHz but my 3.2 GHz loads slower and stuff (yes i know there are outside factors like RAM and HD type)

The only reason i have a 3.2 instead of some AMD is due to my mobo...a DFI LANPARTY for the P4 and it cost a pretty penny soo i'm not going to change soon