I'm going to SF to pick up the F430 right now!

Remember to be careful, we don't want to see your Dad's car on wrecked exotics now do we.

My god am a I jealous well at least I can delve in to the comfort that exotics cost half the price in the US.

Last edited:
I don't suppose you want to swing by my house and take me for a ride in it?

x3, as you see I'm pretty close

I'm so Jealous

TomCat: I heard the F1 gearbox on the Ferrari is really good

Last edited:
The color looks quite good, way better than the generic looking rosso corsa (Ferrari red).

Yeah, in another pic, there was a rosso fiorano f430 spider sitting next to it and it was the stereotypical ferrari (scuderia shields, red calipers, etc). That look is getting a bit dated to me.

I just got my first ride in the car (I was driving the chase car home, 4 hours driving the A3 wasn't bad). It's astoundingly quick, we pulled out of my neighborhood and my dad gave it about 45% throttle and it hit 70 in about 5 seconds. It's just prodigiously fast. As the car stretches above 5000 RPM, it reaches a new level of ferocity and just simply hurls the car at the horizon. Wow. It's a much more visceral power delivery than the 550 or 599, it's much more peaky. It doesn't have the effortless smooth thrust, but it seems much more exciting in a way.

awwww... no manual.. what a shame 99% perfect id say. hey.. at least you get the L/C

TomCat: I heard the F1 gearbox on the Ferrari is really good

It is. But it's still an automatic.

For a street car that's meant to be enjoyed and be driven, a manual offers what no automatic ever could.

Nevertheless, it is a gorgeous car.

It's definitely not an automatic. The gearbox does have an auto mode but it's no good. It's really a manual with a computer controlled clutch. It doesn't upshift automatically at redline, it doesn't slur shifts like an auto and it has no torque converter. It's a sequential manual.

If it automatically does anything for you, then it's an automatic.

I believe that the F1 style transmission is probably more accurately dubbed a semi-automatic transmission as there still is no torque converter or fluid transmission of gearchanges. I will concede that since there is computer involvement, there is an element of automatic in this transmission. Yet it still has a clutch, which prevents it from being an auto.

I don't mean any offense, it's an amazing gearbox and all. But just because you can flip a switch on the steering wheel that allows you to press another button that in-turn changes gear, that doesn't make it a manual anything. None of the buttons you press to change gear are connected to the transmission except by electronics. That's like saying all automatic transmissions are semi-manual, because they require a human to manually move the lever from 'P' to 'D'.

I mean, think about what goes into a true manual transmission. You have to step on a pedal to disengage to the engine from the transmission through a clutch. A pedal. How rudimentary is that? And then you have to grab a stick, which is connected to the transmission, to move around the gears inside the box to find the gear you want. Then you have to modulate the throttle as you let off on the clutch to reengage the motor to the transmission until it's fully engaged and you can apply full power. Now compare that to flipping a switch on the steering wheel and having the computers do the rest. There really isn't any comparison.

Last edited:
Your Dad is one lucky man. You are one lucky son.

Bastard.

BTW, looks lovely in the colour!

I love how you guys are sucking up to him like it's his car, he just said its going to belong to his dad.

I will suck up to anyone who might get me the chance to drive a Ferrari.

Why can't my family be rich too? :cry:

I hate you. <_<

<3

Why can't my family be rich too? :cry:

I hate you. <_<

<3

Well technically you are rich, but in some other country where everything is half the price, for example my upper middle class here in Australia, but if we suddenly decide to move to the US we would suddenly become full blown rich because an M5 in the US costs as much as little as a 325i over here so in theory the same principle could apply to your family if you could find a country where everything costs less.

:thumbup: really lucky, like the color too. I agree that red interior would look better. :)

Your dads a fortunate man, and you will be too once you get to have a drive :burnrubber:

I'm not going to get into the debate of whether that cars a manual or not because I really don't care :p But I will say - it is an amazing gearbox from what I've heard!
Yeah, in another pic, there was a rosso fiorano f430 spider sitting next to it and it was the stereotypical ferrari (scuderia shields, red calipers, etc). That look is getting a bit dated to me.
Not to me. I go weak at the legs anytime I see that colour :drool: I got no problems with the colour your dads got but I would prefer the other red or the yellow before this red. Love the tan leather though!!

btw - LOVE the Maserati's in the background of the pic :love:

It is. But it's still an automatic.

For a street car that's meant to be enjoyed and be driven, a manual offers what no automatic ever could.

I'm a little confused by this statement? What exactly does the F1 gearbox not do that a manual geatbox would?

Jacobfox: The car is amazing. You sir are a lucky lucky man