I'm going to SF to pick up the F430 right now!

I would probably be trusted to drive it, but I haven't had time. Plus it was raining in sac for the last week anyways.

I've driven one of these, but can't quiet stretch my budget enough to run one just yet. Might just stick to the C63 for now.....when it eventually gets the hell to Australia.

I'm glad someone brought this thread up. The car looks really gorgeous! I commend you for having the restraint and intelligence to know your limits in terms of driving cars and not running it while your folks are out. I can only imagine how tough that was. Does the car have the shift lights in the steering wheel?

i don't recall and I can't really go check because I'm in Japan right now.

Yeah, i sure as hell would find time to drive it pretty quickly.. :D

Fantastic! I quite like the color. You are one lucky guy!! I hope an opportunity will come my way for a ride in one of these.

In 2003 my dad put his name down at Porsche of Bend (OR) for the next 911 RS model (at the time it was unclear what it would be or when it would arrive). He took delivery of the car in September. Unfortunately it was more of a business venture, as he was able to resale the car for significantly more than sticker, due to its rarity. I did get to ride in it a couple times though..... :shock:

http://img244.imageshack.**/img244/302/thayer03pe8.th.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/5647/thayer04ub8.th.jpg
http://img174.imageshack.**/img174/3186/thayer07hi1.th.jpg

It is/was the first and only 911 GT3RS in OR and WA.

Enewho, sorry if I stole your thread, I didnt mean to...I just thought I'd share. Besides, your dads car is probably cooler anyways. :)

double post bad and I don't speak japanese...
the don't have enough time thing stems from the fact that he took it to work every day when it didn't rain while I was in Sacto and I don't wake up early enough to get a chance to drive it before he goes to work.

so you drove it by now?
please share the magnificence with us^^
im so tempted by this car, ill try to take a test drive when ive got time with the gallardo as an alternative.:)

Yeah nope. I've been in Chicago at school since the last time I posted in this thread. I may get to drive it one weekend in may when I go home, but I don't know.

You've got to bite your dad's arm off to get behind the wheel of this! I've done about 4,000 miles in various F430s, both manual and F1, and I could talk you into a coma about how good it is to drive. There's absolutely nothing like it... and I've driven all the competition so I know what I'm talking about. Go over to the 'What's the most exotic car you've driven?' thread and look for my post that lists what I've driven. Your old man has picked the best of all of 'em. Seriously, be real nice to your dad! :D

Too bad about the F1 gearbox. Almost the perfect car. lol

And don't let anyone tell you the F1 shift is second best. The paddle shift works brilliantly on the 430, which is more than you can say for some of them. And much as I love the iconic stick, and as good as it is to shift through the gate, if it was my money I'd go for the F1.

Lucky boy. Enjoy.

oh man i cant wait to drive it.
the gearbox-chose gives me nightmares, i just cant decedie which one i would buy....!!!!!!!!!

is there a waiting list or do you order it and itll be build immedeatly?

^ You don't seem to know much about it for a guy who claims to be in a position to buy one of these cars...

i didnt even consider such a thing because i couldnt afford it until a few months ago.
the past 4 months were the busiest time of my life, now i can settle down and get into those things:)

i didnt even consider such a thing because i couldnt afford it until a few months ago.
the past 4 months were the busiest time of my life, now i can settle down and get into those things:)

Lotterywinner November 2007 - 5.1mil ? my life became a dream

Fuck me... That's so awesome! :mrgreen:

the pot was actually 48mil i think.
and actually i didnt win it, it was my mother^^
but i got a nice part of it;)

Get the new Gallardo 560-4 instead! :woot: