I'm now a Daddy!!

DaShowstoppa

Car(s)
2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.6L SRI
I'm back!! I haven't been on here in two years! (Although I'm very much still an avid TG fan)

So what's changed? Well I'm now 30 (Grr) still happily married to my lovely Liz and I've changed my car to a 2004 Hyundai Coupe.

Oh and in December .... I'M GONNA BE A DADDY!! :cool:

Update - Amy-Rose was delivered via C-Section at 21:47 last night (23rd) Mum and baby doing well (after a few little scares)

Last edited:
Concrats, welcome back, but this should probably have landed in Random Thoughts ;)

Nah man it's big news, doesn't deserve to be in random thought. Congratulations!

Most awesome!!!

Almost going to have to start the FG-junior forums soon....

Thanks guys. I'll keep you all updated.

Update - the due date has passed and the baby has decided that she likes it where she is! We're due in hospital tomorrow, so I expect they'll be discussing induction with us.

Who wants to go outside when it's cold? She's already showing great smarts :D

Congratulations and good luck with the birth!

Good luck! I've got a now 8 month old who's on the verge of cutting his first tooth & crawling. It's a great journey. Make sure you enjoy it!

Good luck! I've got a now 8 month old who's on the verge of cutting his first tooth & crawling. It's a great journey. Make sure you enjoy it!

Looking forward to it all. Nothing to report, she's still decided the womb is more fun than the outside world at the moment (but then it is snowing) appointment at hospital on Monday - Induction is booked for Thursday.

Nothing to report, she's still decided the womb is more fun than the outside world at the moment (but then it is snowing).

Reminds me of my nephew Mk2. Due date was a week ago, still no show :dunno:
Probably afraid of the cold, -8?C right now.

Better late than early, right?

Even better is a few days early. Nothing's as bad as seeing the due date go by and still no baby. For a dad the anticipation is bad, but for the prospective mom it's even worse, because the anticipated liberation from the (by then) enormous belly and other ailments common to pregnant people just won't come. All the luck to the OP, longest I've had to wait was a mere 4 days with my first, the second was 5 days early.

Thanks everyone, still nothing. Liz is going nuts!! It's bad enough for me, but I don't have all the physical stuff going on as well.

Congrats!

Hopefully (for the sake of your wife!) the little bub has decided to enter the world by now! Hope everything goes/went well and that you don't lose too much sleep in the near future! :)

I'm back!! I haven't been on here in two years! (Although I'm very much still an avid TG fan)

So what's changed? Well I'm now 30 (Grr) still happily married to my lovely Liz and I've changed my car to a 2004 Hyundai Coupe.

Oh and in December .... I'M GONNA BE A DADDY!! :cool:

I haven't met you before, but congratulations on the marriage and especially the kid on the way! You'll never be so exhausted in your life, but it's totally worth it.

Being away from FG probably means busy times. My nephew Mk2 has made it btw, as a result daddy often sleeps the day shift :lol:

I AM a Daddy!!
As you all know I've been keeping you updated (or boring you to death) about my wife's pregnancy. Well at 9:47 last night (23rd) via Cesarian - Liz gave birth to our beautiful baby daughter, Amy-Rose.

A bit panicy at times because Amy was showing signs of stress (they tried several things - then opted just to get her out into the world) She weighed 9lb 4oz (no wonder she wouldn't come out!! )

Just some slight issues with some gunk in her throat (which will clear) and being laid flat by the epidural (she's sleeping a lot!) Liz has been through hell and back, so she'll be recovering a lot too.

Anyway, here's a picture of Amy-Rose:
AmyRose.jpg