i'm sitting here, listening to some mp3's...

superchevy

Car(s)
'03 honda s2k
and realized somethings about this playing order:
sublime - badfish
social distortion - ball and chain
green day - christie road
smashing pumpkins - today

badfish as you're get yourself in the proper mindset first. then, ball and chain is a classic bluesy punk track. it's a pretty distressing song, but a fantastic song. next is a differnt kind of punk track, and it turns down the "saddness" knob a notch or two. green day's, christie road. it's a song about going to the drag strip, and how it cures boredom and uplifts your spirits. for car guys and girls like us, you know exactly what the song is talking about - that feeling you get when you're heading to the track. and now finally, you fully step into the feel-good song with today. it's a song full of optimism and positive vibes. today is also helped usher in the distinctive '90s rock sound as the classic punk sound was dying out.

i don't know. i just inadvertantly selected a progressively lighter and more upbeat song. it takes you on pretty good trip through a critical point in music history, 1990-1993, and a trip through the lows and into the high.

lebski_m.jpg

i'm sitting here, listening to some mp3's...

And now the RIAA is going to rape you.

Just kidding. Interesting selection of tracks though, did that upswing thing happen randomly?