I'm still baffled...

bgrams7

Car(s)
1998 Toyota Rav4 (ugh...)
As to how any of you think that Top Gear America is actually a good show. It is complete and utter garbage that could be done so much better, yet there seem to be many of you on this forum that are happy with it being an okay show, at best. I've seen every episode thus far - with the exception of last night's episode - and I am still not impressed. I was actually looking forward to seeing what History could do with TG when they debuted it last year, and even somewhat looking forward to this season to see what progress had been made, which I will admit, there was some by the end of the first season. Now it just seems as if they've taken a step backwards. I have been left disappointed more often than not, and frankly, it kind of pisses me off considering how well an American version of Top Gear could do in this car-loving country of ours, if only done properly. However, it is not the vast majority of the time, with the only host on the show worth keeping being Tanner Foust (Adam Ferrara's up for debate).

This country became great because our forefathers strived for greatness rather than settled for mediocrity. I realize it's apples to oranges when comparing the rise of a country and the making a successful television show, but to allow this show to continue on at its current mediocre pace brings shame to the Top Gear name and will eventually lead to the series being canceled, mark my words.

The U.S. might only have one shot at having our own Top Gear series, given how long it took for the show to actually come to fruition, and I'll be damned if I'm going to allow these clowns to let it go up in flames.

As to how any of you think that Top Gear America is actually a good show.

Because, clearly, those of us who like it and support it aren't you.

As to how any of you think that Top Gear America is actually a good show. It is complete and utter garbage that could be done so much better, yet there seem to be many of you on this forum that are happy with it being an okay show, at best. I've seen every episode thus far - with the exception of last night's episode - and I am still not impressed. I was actually looking forward to seeing what History could do with TG when they debuted it last year, and even somewhat looking forward to this season to see what progress had been made, which I will admit, there was some by the end of the first season. Now it just seems as if they've taken a step backwards. I have been left disappointed more often than not, and frankly, it kind of pisses me off considering how well an American version of Top Gear could do in this car-loving country of ours, if only done properly. However, it is not the vast majority of the time, with the only host on the show worth keeping being Tanner Foust (Adam Ferrara's up for debate).

This country became great because our forefathers strived for greatness rather than settled for mediocrity. I realize it's apples to oranges when comparing the rise of a country and the making a successful television show, but to allow this show to continue on at its current mediocre pace brings shame to the Top Gear name and will eventually lead to the series being canceled, mark my words.

The U.S. might only have one shot at having our own Top Gear series, given how long it took for the show to actually come to fruition, and I'll be damned if I'm going to allow these clowns to let it go up in flames.

First, i think this would fit in the eppisode thread and second, what are you watching? the Car Show? This is bounds above where TG UK was in series 2. Other than the studio segments and the BSSC crap guests i think its doing great and so do alot of people in here. i think you are watching the show with the wrong mind set maybe. IMO

who the hell do you think you are? what makes you think you know how to make this show a success in your narrow and near-sighted eyes? frankly, i'm sick of you small-minded, fanboi, airheads trying to convince true Top Gear fans to see that this show is a "failure". you see nothing more that what you catch on BBC2 or BBC America. you know NOTHING, simple as that.

the American version was made because the producers knew there is a solid fan base consisting of intelligent automotive enthusiast, not half-wits such as yourself. don't come in here thinking that you're saying something that no has ever heard before. because this sounds like the same dumb shit babbled on here before season 1 premiered. here's something fools like you should know:

-this is a franchise by the producers of the Original Top Gear. this is NOT a "stolen" idea that History use to "capitalize" financially.

-the US host are NOT planning to take over the UK version. so people like you can stop crying about that. that, in itself, is the dumbest concept i ever heard.

-the only thing that's taken a step backwards, is your way of thinking. you should definitely stop that, you're already far behind with everything.

-Top Gear on History is already on the works for a third season. so if you're planning to get a online petition going for the "cancellation" of this show, you're wasting time.

-the US version is in NO way going to affect the UK version if it becomes this "failure" you think it already is.

i strongly suggest you stop being a drama-queen. no one is forcing you to watch this show. but if you ever had a chance to talk to the producers of Top Gear about the US version, they would laugh in your face till you wet your pants. you actually think you have any sort of intelligence to cancel a show like this. cut your losses now, and stop watching ANY Top Gear show and log off this forum for good.

chances are, you already have...

who the hell do you think you are? what makes you think you know how to make this show a success in your narrow and near-sighted eyes? frankly, i'm sick of you small-minded, fanboi, airheads trying to convince true Top Gear fans to see that this show is a "failure". you see nothing more that what you catch on BBC2 or BBC America. you know NOTHING, simple as that.

the American version was made because the producers knew there is a solid fan base consisting of intelligent automotive enthusiast, not half-wits such as yourself. don't come in here thinking that you're saying something that no has ever heard before. because this sounds like the same dumb shit babbled on here before season 1 premiered. here's something fools like you should know:

-this is a franchise by the producers of the Original Top Gear. this is NOT a "stolen" idea that History use to "capitalize" financially.

-the US host are NOT planning to take over the UK version. so people like you can stop crying about that. that, in itself, is the dumbest concept i ever heard.

-the only thing that's taken a step backwards, is your way of thinking. you should definitely stop that, you're already far behind with everything.

-Top Gear on History is already on the works for a third season. so if you're planning to get a online petition going for the "cancellation" of this show, you're wasting time.

-the US version is in NO way going to affect the UK version if it becomes this "failure" you think it already is.

i strongly suggest you stop being a drama-queen. no one is forcing you to watch this show. but if you ever had a chance to talk to the producers of Top Gear about the US version, they would laugh in your face till you wet your pants. you actually think you have any sort of intelligence to cancel a show like this. cut your losses now, and stop watching ANY Top Gear show and log off this forum for good.

Chill

This thread is incredibly stupid and OP is off his rocker. I'll save it by posting this.

6011034494_a103de20c4_b.jpg

262558_10150744256525014_640985013_20386867_544522_n.jpg

...to allow this show to continue on at its current mediocre pace brings shame to the Top Gear name and will eventually lead to the series being canceled, mark my words.

What baffles me are entitled people who think they can predict the future...

... I'll be damned if I'm going to allow these clowns to let it go up in flames.

And what the hell are you going to do? Start a "petition"? Wave banners? Throw eggs? POUT?? Rant about "Constitution this, amendment that"? You can voice your opinion, obviously, but don't expect they'll change anything just to please some random person in a forum.

And now... Popup Headlamps:
36-P6290002341.gif

They make everything look better (Even when they aren't working properly :D)

Last edited:
OP is from Nebraska, and admits it. Enough said.

I'm looking to buy one of those, but without the engine.

Im going to build one around a Cougar like that guy did with the Veyron

Also, what is a "Nebraska" and why havnt we just starting calling it what it is, a waste land of dead corn?

Unfortunately you're wasting your breath. People like the OP have an irrational hatred of Top Gear US, but I'm glad someone smashed his post!

Side Note: Where did you hear that History is already in works for Season 3? Link perhaps? That made me pretty excited/happy.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/as/astonmartin/2011/08/08/baff.jpg

Unfortunately you're wasting your breath. People like the OP have an irrational hatred of Top Gear US, but I'm glad someone smashed his post!

Side Note: Where did you hear that History is already in works for Season 3? Link perhaps? That made me pretty excited/happy.

let's just say, i happen to hear a source very close to Top Gear about that...

i'll just leave it at that. :stig:

Last edited:
let's just say, i happen to hear a source very close to Top Gear about that...

i'll just leave it at that. :stig:

Holy shit, your Rutledge Foust Ferrara!

No, really, are they going to announce anything? No offence but at the moment you are just some guy on the web claiming to be/know something with no proof. Im not saying you dont know that info but im sure you can see my point.

Holy shit, your Rutledge Foust Ferrara!

No, really, are they going to announce anything? No offence but at the moment you are just some guy on the web claiming to be/know something with no proof. Im not saying you dont know that info but im sure you can see my point.

i'm not 100% sure, but most likely, we'll be hearing something of the third season sometime this fall.