Imagine there's a hot new Lambo and nobody cares.

Polly

wants a cracker
pic:
03-lamborghini-aventador-lp7504-sv-geneva-1.jpg

link:
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/03/lamborghini-aventador-lp-750-4-superveloce-video-geneva-2015/

I blame hybrid supercars.

I blame the Chris Harris ban.

chris harris was banned by lambo as well??

i heard there's a new McLaren as well, yet the only thing everyone is talking about, is the new koenigsegg
that must sting :lol:

The last hoorah of naturally aspirated V12s?
750 hp, didn't expect it to have that much. Maybe eve 720 like that special edition thingy a while back.

I think the problem is that everyone knew that it was coming. It wasn't a surprise. Oh, Lambo just made an SV version of their flagship? In other news the sun rose in the east this morning, and will probably set in the west tonight though its hard to be sure.

People like surprises. Like the Ford GT and the Koenigsegg Regera. Even the LaFerrari was a big deal because while everyone knew there was something special coming, no one knew exactly what. This is just the same Aventador with more power and a big wing, my grandmother could've predicted it.

Don't get me wrong, I still think this thing is awesome, but its just hard to get hyped up over it.

Last edited:
chris harris was banned by lambo as well??

i heard there's a new McLaren as well, yet the only thing everyone is talking about, is the new koenigsegg
that must sting :lol:

He got "unbanned" by Ferrari and banned by Lamborghini.
Watch his video on the Geneva Show and he gives some info about it. Also, watch it because it is worth it.

As CrzRsn said, this would be making waves if it was really special or unexpected, like having 750hp with a manual and RWD only, or something.

^^ How much engineering would go into making such a car (750 hp, manual, RWD aventador)? Is balboni still eligible for having another lambo named after them? Did they use up all the stripe paint? because i could be down for them to come out with such a machine.

^^ How much engineering would go into making such a car (750 hp, manual, RWD aventador)? Is balboni still eligible for having another lambo named after them? Did they use up all the stripe paint? because i could be down for them to come out with such a machine.

I read somewhere an article that reasoned why we might rarely see those kinds of cars anymore and I think that applies here:
It's not about engineering, it's about what they're willing to offer.

I bet they could make a RWD, manual Aventador with 250Kgs less than the regular one, but it would probably suck (at least in the eyes of the regular buyer).

It would need to have a terribly heavy clutch to handle all that torque and it would be hell to drive slowly in traffic (Carrera GT anyone?).
It would be twitchy as hell without AWD, because Lamborghinis aren't exactly handling machines.
It would be a miserable experience without all the padding, sound deadening, etc.
It would be slower than the AWD, flappy-paddle version, and therefore "worse".

So, from a market perspective, why should Lamborghini do such a thing?

Well i think it would appeal to their inner stripe fetishist (racing stripe and burnout 11s), and well... they could mark it up and make like six of them? I don't know; this isn't really a rational conversation anyway.

Watch his video on the Geneva Show and he gives some info about it. Also, watch it because it is worth it.

it's somewhere in my "watch later"-list
among 70 others, urgh...

it's somewhere in my "watch later"-list
among 70 others, urgh...

In short: He states Lamborghini got mad at him because he said their cars understeer and are bought by people that can't drive. :lol:

I think everyone would be excited about this thing if the rally lights they used on the cold weather mule came standard.

OtjbuIa.png

Murcielago needed 9 years to get his SV, Aventador got his in 4.
this thing just shows Aventador will have a significantly shorter lifespan then Murcielago, and are probably working on a hybrid and/or turbo successor. good bye V12

It would need to have a terribly heavy clutch to handle all that torque and it would be hell to drive slowly in traffic (Carrera GT anyone?).
It would be twitchy as hell without AWD, because Lamborghinis aren't exactly handling machines.
It would be a miserable experience without all the padding, sound deadening, etc.
It would be slower than the AWD, flappy-paddle version, and therefore "worse".

So, from a market perspective, why should Lamborghini do such a thing?

Because... Lamborghini? Because thoose are the lines that Lamborghini's got famous off? It's a tractor-company, for god's sake, it HAS to do heavy undriveable farm-machinery, geared up for lightspeed.

The only thing that bothers me, they say they're "coming back to motoring heaven" with thoose "brand-new, heavy to drive" cars. But why the hell we have to pay more for simplier and slower?

I think everyone would be excited about this thing if the rally lights they used on the cold weather mule came standard.

Oh yeah, thoose are much safer than popups, and have no drag at all, especially in the daytime.

I think with this picture they announced pretty well, that the stock lights are good for 1.5 mph parking only. (which is the most common thing present lambo drivers like to do)

Yeah, because safety and a reduction in aerodynamic drag are really what gets people excited about a wacky supercar.