IMSA 2018

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Reactions: TC
I'm definitely looking forward to it. Should be an awesome show.

The top class should be a bit more interesting as well. Not only will Penske be there with Acura, but so with Joest with the new and improved Mazda.

But another story that I didn't hear about until just recently is that Cadillac will not be running those big lazy bulletproof 6.2L V8's in their prototype. They're instead using a new 5.5L V8.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146569-cadillac-dpi-teams-to-race-with-smaller-engine

Apparently they felt that there was little point in running the big engine if they're just going to get BoP'd to hell and back, so they downsized their engine to be more in line with the other prototypes without any BoP adjustments. This is supposed to improve driveability as well, apparently.

So anyway, we should see quite a lot more action at the pointy end of the field this season.

i've never followed IMSA, but i'll try to give it a go this year!

Thanatos;n3543640 said:
wil DPi and P2 have good BoP? How was that last year?

Bit crap. Wasn't until towards end of the season a P2 won twice. Should be better this year.

RLM is live soon from the ROAR

Well... I'm surprised by the results of the first Roar test. The Cadillac's are still extremely strong, despite the smaller engines, and the Acura's and Mazda's are much further down the list than I would have ever expected.

Of course it is only practice, and there may be some sandbagging, but still.

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.c...=83&sessid=551

Live on imsa.tv and rlm

that live stream didn't want to work (on my phone - didn't have a pc present)
and on top of that, racer.com's rss feed pushed updates untill the 8th hour, then just stopped

so much for trying to follow the race :(

The full race has been uploaded onto IMSA's YT channel.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

I enjoyed the race, even though the Corvettes were no where yet again. Funny moment after the race though, with Wayne Taylor.