In soviet Russia, Case Transfers YOU!

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
Yes that is right! My Comrades, I present to you my new SUV, (siberian utility vehicle) a 1997 Lada Niva Cossak.

It has a 1.7L i4 and a 5spd transmission. Locking transfercase with manually selectable hi-low gearing.

It needs a bit of work, but it should be a capable little rig once it's all finished. Right now I have the head off the vehicle and am awaiting parts. I'll try to get some better more informative pics. But these should do for now.

ladaniva.jpg

nivainterior.jpg

Reactions: TC
:mrgreen: Go the lada !!!! :clap:

Nice Lada, hope it doesn't go gay on you.

I too need a winter car, yet sadly what happens to pop up is the exact make model and year motorcycle i've been looking for. :hug:

Wellcome to the club :mrgreen:

You HAVE to paint this on the bonnet:
Hammer_and_sickle.png

ROFL how the hell did you manage to get this thing in Canada?
You shoulda gotten this Soviet Utopian Vehicle
topic34_9.jpg

ROFL how the hell did you manage to get this thing in Canada?

Surprisingly enough, Niva's were sold in Canada up untill 1998. They were even quite popular back east where snow is abundant. :D

As I've said before, that's an awesome car! Seriously, it's one of kind here.

And 1997, I was thinking it would be twice that age. Not bad at all... I'll be on the lookout for a Niva on the road up to Cypress. :cool:

I worked with someone who imported a Niva to the U.S. for the sole fact that his last name is Niva.

:|

As I've said before, that's an awesome car! Seriously, it's one of kind here.

And 1997, I was thinking it would be twice that age. Not bad at all... I'll be on the lookout for a Niva on the road up to Cypress. :cool:

I probably won't get up cypress much, but if you're ever up seymour, Ghetto central of the NS mountains, I'll probably be there.

I probably won't get up cypress much, but if you're ever up seymour, Ghetto central of the NS mountains, I'll probably be there.

Right, that's what I meant. I thought you were working at Cypress. :p

Is everything going to be done before winter is here?

^ I hope so, I already have the head off, and it's off to be pressure tested on monday. So if the parts come in soon and there isn't too much machining to be done. I'm shooting for the second weekend of december.

I'll get some pics of the progress when I'm at the shop next.

haha awesome man! thatll be a better off roader then your el camino at least :D post up more pics!