In soviet Russia, Case Transfers YOU!

That sounds like a wonderfully kick ass little winter SUV. I also love how it looks more like an '87 than a '97, but I digress. Good luck with it man.

:lmao:

In Eastern Europe the Nivas are regarded as truly epic off-road vehicles. Some people believe they are better than Land Cruisers, Pajeros etc.

That's basically the reaction I get from everyone at parts stores, and I expect I'll get a similar reaction from the machinist when I take in my head tomorrow.

@ _HighVoltage_ - From what I've heard that could be verywell true. It has amazing aproach/departure/breakover angles (especially with the custom bumpers)

Great little truck. I had a 1993 (in Canada) and loved it in the winter. Of course I only had it on the road for one winter because of the tranny packing it in rather quickly. It is a great little off-roader, with lots of articulation. If it wasn't for the completly crappy tranny (the 5spd, supposedly the 4spd was much better) I would probably have driven that little Russian for quite a while.

Niva's fall into the same catagory as Suzuki Sierra's. Under rated but very capable and well able to show up the big boys on the tough stuff. I still think anyone who goes 4wding in something that small is mad though :p

Looks awesome man, good luck with it

Niva's fall into the same catagory as Suzuki Sierra's. Under rated but very capable and well able to show up the big boys on the tough stuff. I still think anyone who goes 4wding in something that small is mad though :p

Looks awesome man, good luck with it

Personally I agree, it's a bit small. But it's better than a 3/4 ton long box pickup. Why do you think I'm mad? :D

Can't wait to see some more pics.

Are parts hard to find?

Can't wait to see some more pics.

Are parts hard to find?

Don't even get me started... I'm all ready to put the thing back together and I'm waiting on new parts. I've covered all my corners though. Basically whomever gets what I need first I'm buying from. I put a work order into the "local" (within 250km) for some parts, but they are on back order from Russia. I've also had an engine shipped to my from winnipeg, it was free, so I have no idea what sort of condition it's in. I'm also in talks with a private seller in calgary for some parts, but it sounds like he has all the parts I need except the main one... the head gasket. :? Oh well, it will just take some time and everything will work itself out.

Are they testing the most expensive VS the cheapest or somthing? that's what I got out of it.

edit: HOORAY! I GOT PARTS!!! I ordered all the parts I need... Head gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, intake manifold gasket, and the rear drive shaft w/u-joints... only @$250 later mind you. <_<

Last edited: