Independence War II - combat training

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
It would seem there's no good multiplayer space sim for us to train our piloting skills other than this, so loose_unit and I decided we'd see how easy it is to set up and it turns out it's quite easy. There's some command-line finageling to be done from the non-host sides, but loose has written a nice .bat script that will handle all of it.

If you don't know what I-War 2 is, shame on you! Put shortly, it's a space sim with the most advanced flying model out there. The only game with proper 6 axes of freedom and it's 13 years old already. Go on Good Old Games and buy it now, DRM-free (it's only 6 bucks). Or if you've spent all of your hard earned moneys backing Star Citizen, we can help you out. ;)

Now, even though the game is quite old, it has good peripheral support, albeit it's lacking in in-game options. All that said, it did only take about 15 minutes for us to set up loose's hotas up for a bit of deathmatch fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, the second reason why I made this thread is to share the artwork with the rest of you, cause it's quite amateurish looking. :lol: I suppose it showcases nicely the great disparity between a small project from an upstart group of developers and a multi million dollar project 13 years later.

Enyoy!

I have created a nice little .bat file script thing that makes connecting to a Multiplayer server easy.

You can download the launcher (.zip file wita a readme and a .bat file) HERE.

If you have any questions or need help getting a copy of i-war, we are more than happy to help!

Last edited:
Might as well go for your idea of a dedicated server, then.