Indian Thread

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Thunder-Stroke-111-left-side-3-500x332.jpg

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/03/11/motorcycle-news/polaris-reveals-all-new-indian-thunder-stroke-111-engine/

Thunder Stroke 111 Specifications:

Engine Overview
Displacement: 111 c.i. (1811 c.c.)
Engine Torque: More than 115 ft-lbs (160 N*m)
Engine Type: 49 deg V- Twin
Cooling system type: Air Cooled with Integrated Oil Cooler
Idle speed: +/-50rpm 800 RPM
Max Engine speed: 5500 RPM

Valvetrain
Valves per cylinder: 2
Actuation: Three-Cam, Push-rod, OHV
Lifter Type: Hydraulic
Compression Release: Yes
Bore: 3.89 in (101 mm)
Stroke: 4.45 in (113 mm)
Target Compression Ratio: 9.5: 1
Balancer Type: Helical Gear Primary Balancer

Drive Train
Primary Drive: Gear 55/86 ratio
No. of Ratios: 6-speed Overdrive constant mesh
Spur/Helical: 1st Spur, 2-6 Helical
Gear Ratios (overall)
1st: 9.403
2nd: 6.411
3rd: 4.763
4th: 3.796
5th: 3.243
6th: 2.789
Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt 30/66 ratio
Clutch Type: Multi-plate, Wet clutch, Integral Damper

Fuel Induction system
Throttle actuation: Electronic Throttle Control
Throttle Diameter: 2.13 in. / 54 mm
Fuel Delivery type: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection
Fuel Type: Premium recommended

Lubrication system
Oil Type: 20W-40
Sump type: Semi-dry

A quick calculations puts that at 120hp.

Last edited:
Thought this was a thread about people from the subcontinent. Was going to post with pride, then saw what section it was in.

And now I leave...

How is it at all like the engine the current line up are using?

Not the engine?the bikes.

Call me weird, but I was hoping for something daring from Polaris for the Indian badge. But that could be my I-don't-care-about-cruisers side talking.

Not the engine?the bikes.

Call me weird, but I was hoping for something daring from Polaris for the Indian badge. But that could be my I-don't-care-about-cruisers side talking.

Indian is likely going to be all cruisers no matter what. The good news is that this would free Victory up to make, um, things that go on racetracks and win. :D

Indian is likely going to be all cruisers no matter what. The good news is that this would free Victory up to make, um, things that go on racetracks and win. :D

Except we both know this won't happen. *sigh*

Honestly, looks like more of the same.
Seems like they did what most folks expected. Make a few swoopy-fendered barges, call one a "special edition"; add 5 grand to the price ... call another one an "extra-special edition"; add 10 grand to the price ... and so on.

The good news is that this would free Victory up to make, um, things that go on racetracks and win. :D
We can only hope. Harley has obviously given up on everything but flat track and drag racing. They couldn't even stick it out with the XR1200 for more than a few years.

The only Harley I'd want to own would be a Nova. That's not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I read somewhere the opposite (Indian would have a full range), unfortunately I forgot the source.

We can only hope. Harley has obviously given up on everything but flat track and drag racing. They couldn't even stick it out with the XR1200 for more than a few years.

Yes, please. I would seriously like to see American motorcycles I actually want to own.

I'd love Indian to return to motor sport (in the early days they won the Isle of Man TT), but a race program is expensive. Too expensive for Polaris to consider I suspect.