Infiniti or Lexus?

I'm basing my opinion on my personal experience and the experience of my friends and family. I'd be entertained if someone could locate reputable factual information proving or disproving my opinion. Sadly, I don't have the time to search the internet and whatnot to find this information. I'm not a search engine professional so I'll leave that to someone else. :D

Why not try a used Lexus GS300? [Even though it consumes Premium also]

I know i know its still a Lexus but its RWD and its probably going to handle and feel better on the road than an ES while retaining some of the plushness of an ES.

But the Infiniti G35 Sedan isn't a bad choice either. Just the sedan styling hasn't rubbed off any of the coupes sleekness like how the G37 Sedan is. The interior is okay to me though.

Last edited:
I'd say the G35 Coupe has a sort of E46 air to it. Slightly clunky, not much different from the sedan version, but still sexy.

Why not try a used Lexus GS300? [Even though it consumes Premium also]

I know i know its still a Lexus but its RWD and its probably going to handle and feel better on the road than an ES while retaining some of the plushness of an ES.

Of all the cars with the Lexus badge the only 3 that have any appeal to this forum would be the IS, the GS or the old SC(the new one is an old people's cruiser). The oldest GS I've heard good things about even the fun part, but it apparently has a light wheel which is unlike my Cressida where the wheel is stiff.

Having driven Camry based vehicles...you need to put driving dynamics very low in order to enjoy them, thus I greatly dislike many Camry based vehicles. I'd always recommend a Cressida for those who want Toyota's best effort at a sports sedan, but its probably too old for most. The GS is close, but has always been considered pretty soft for a sports sedan, but for certain its much better than any ES as far as driving dynamics are concerned.

Ive driven a GS before, i didnt really notice how it drove though...it was a couple days after I got my licence and we were joyriding in my friends car :lol:

Im sure itd be better be better since its RWD, but its a little too small for the dads liking.

Its not that much smaller :p

Apparently has about almost 2" more legroom at the front but 1" less headroom in the front [GS vs ES]

If it TRULY IS your father's car, then you shouldn't care that much. Just let him get his Lexus. If he truly cared, he'd get the Infiniti.

it always looked like a big car but it is smaller length wise by almost an inch, width is half an inch smaller and 1-2 inches shorter than the ES [depending on the MY].

However what makes it look big is that the wheel base is 3 inches longer, making the interior have more legroom compared to the ES.

Last edited:
I personally own a 1998 Lexus ES300, and I have to say it's JUST a very reliable and comfortable car. I would say the Infiniti G is more sporty, but this is a guess since I've never driven one. As for the Lexus GS, I would know in a few weeks because I'm trading for one soon. I'll let you know how it compares.