InnamorAuto.. Before Top Gear America!

GeigerSpeed

Before Top Gear America hit the rumor mill, my buddy and I decided to make matters into our hands <_< due to the lack of indulgent and nutritious AMERICAN automotive shows at the caliper and standard Top Gear/Fifth Gear have set, and create our own!

We're just two young guys from Northern California, who are not only card carrying members to the Top Gear aficionados club... but also, ravage-obssesive car and motorsport enthusiasts who have a passion of sharing our thoughts and knowledge with the rest of the community.

With that being said, we wanted to take the influences and the things we enjoyed about TG and apply them best as possible to our own videos... And as we write, direct, edit, film, produce them ourselves, it has been quite a challenge doing so on our College student budget :blink: (which is non-existing.)

But we have fun doing it and we hope you have fun watching! :D

InnamorAuto

The TRAILER to the First Episode
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNpmHn6RLwM&feature=PlayList&p=6FC54BDF188F9E0D&index=3[/YOUTUBE]

FIRST EPISODE
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyUAMCWltFA&feature=PlayList&p=6FC54BDF188F9E0D&index=2[/YOUTUBE]

Second Epiosde TRAILER
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0f626o91pQ&feature=PlayList&p=6FC54BDF188F9E0D&index=0[/YOUTUBE]

SECOND EPISODE
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6TtqZqmLf8&feature=PlayList&p=6FC54BDF188F9E0D&index=1[/YOUTUBE]

We are currently putting together our Third Episode... so stay tuned!

Please, please, please leave feedback and any comments you have (both good and bad ;)) so that we may make our videos better so that you may enjoy them even more!

Thanks for watching! :D

Last edited:
1. who let the jazz radio sounding guy loose all over the voice overs?

2. I see what you guys are doing with the two presenters thing, but i dont think that it works. when i see it change between you two 10 times in 30 seconds.....

3. the werid photoshop filters need to be used less, theres a time and place for them.

4. smoother camera work. out fit a large water bottle with a stud that fits the bottom of the camera, seal the cap so it doesnt leak. it gives you a very cheap steady cam when filled with water.

5. rule of thirds, google it.

6. pay attention to if the camera is level or not when its mounted to the car, is it suppose to be level (then it better be) if not (make sure its deliberately cocked)

7. get a set of lens filters and the like for the camera. at the very least, get the polarizing filter!

8. make the scripts flow like normal speech, rehearse it untill the words come out right.

9. try just driving the cars on the same section of road and make comments about how they drive compared with other cars. dont worry about something scripted, just drive and talk about whats happening with the car at the current moment, you all need to be able to talk while driving better so that the scripts are able to be seen. i realize this will eat up a lot of tape, sorry.

and good luck!

As far as criticism goes...

Overall I'd say it's a good effort. You do a good job of showing the cars driving and from different angles, etc. The camerawork could be better as noted above.

The biggest problem I see is that you guys are trying way too hard to be funny & clever the way Clarkson, etc are on Top Gear. I would tone it down and try to be more natural in your delivery, and maybe less prepared/scripted. Find what works for you instead of trying to copy a style that isn't natural for you.

Pretty good I think... a few things that could use improving though.

Audio recording quality needs to be better, especially equaling out the volumes in different sections. Some were too quiet and others too loud, I found myself constantly having to adjust my master volume.

Video angles and effects were pretty good but jerky. Not sure if tripods are being used or not but you need to find some way to smooth it all out a bit.

Keeping other vehicles out of scenes... will require a lot of turning around and sitting around waiting for the right moment perhaps. But to avoid shots with a Prius inteferring would be good. You guys have radios right?

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head... was pretty good though for some poor college guys :)

Thank you guys for the constructive criticsim!! we will make sure to take everything you have pointed out and apply them to future episodes..:)

Don't have time to discuss your comments (although I really want to) I will soon, since you guys took the time to check out our videos!

But here is the teaser to our third episode that we filmed 2 weeks ago..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/InnamorAuto-Episode-3_174297.htm

I'm curious what equipment you're using -- what are you shooting with and what kind of mounts are you using?

A Sony Handycam MiniDV Camcorder.

Stickypod mount for the car and a $10 tripod from Best Buy (defnlty a piece of crap)

Episode two doesn't seem to be there. Episode one is fantastic. The presenters are charismatic and they have a lot of enthusiam. I agree that the two presenter thing doesn't work that well. The editing and special effects also need work as well, but overall it is very very good. I really enjoyed watching it, but I felt it was a bit repetitive at times. I also noticed a few Top Gear references, but that isn't really an issue. Good job, can't wait to see episode 3.

Good ep... pretty funny but I also think your going a bit overboard on the humor. Info was good although still lacking telling us what its really like to live with the car.

Videography is better this time, but whats with the horizontal interlacing like lines? Really annoying... Audio is still a big problem with your episodes, still variations in the volume which is annoying as well. I did like your way of changing scenes and the music interaction throughout the video, was quite good.

I think with some professional audio/video equipment and some extra time clearing the sound up that would improve the watchability a lot.

Thanks for the vid, it was entertaining.

You might want to try do something about the presenter's audio when they're infront of the camera. Not loud enough!

Good job on the 3 series coupe episode, though!

yeah smoother camera work

what camera are you guys using? Heck ill design you a steadicam that you can make yourself if you let me know what the cameras weight, dimensions and CG are.

oh yeah, the mic work needs sorting.... get a directional mic, or a mic that the presenter will wear, in some of the shots the voices are a bit drowned out. but i guess u guys already know this. for me, the guy in the chequred shirt and the beard in ep 3 comes over way more naturally.

still this is a bloody good effort by you two! bravo!

Last edited:
With

The Video said:
"What do we think of i drive?"

*Camera zoom"

"F**k idrive!"

you have gained a fan. Tone down the humor (read: Screaming) with beardy a bit, make your speaking form a little more natural and you could go places.

Oh, and its "Jag-Whar", you traitors to local speech! :cool:

Last edited:
If you guys like this, then you may also be interested in my project here:

http://greatestroadinca.blogspot.com/

Similar project; we decided to take things into our own hands as well. Here's the rundown:

My friends and I decided to take on Top Gear and challenge their assertion that the greatest driving road in the world was in Europe. We reasoned that it could be found in California, and so we decided to have a cheap car challenge to determine if we were right. We gave ourselves a budget of $5,000 each for the cars and then set out to see what we could find.

We currently have a trailer and some stills up, check it out!

If you guys like this, then you may also be interested in my project here:

http://greatestroadinca.blogspot.com/

Similar project; we decided to take things into our own hands as well. Here's the rundown:

My friends and I decided to take on Top Gear and challenge their assertion that the greatest driving road in the world was in Europe. We reasoned that it could be found in California, and so we decided to have a cheap car challenge to determine if we were right. We gave ourselves a budget of $5,000 each for the cars and then set out to see what we could find.

We currently have a trailer and some stills up, check it out!

wow, that looks sick! It's great to see how much TG has inspired the world :) You should open up your own thread when you release the final cut.

Much of the video's flaws were addressed by the viewers already. Good work guys! Fantastic job.