Ownership Verified: Insert "Beat" Pun Here

Dogbert

Helsinki Smash Rod
Car(s)
Roger Dean's Rocks
Behold! Bask in the magnificent, tiny splendor of the third Honda Beat ever to roll on United States soil.

IMG_20160406_171957.jpgIMG_20160406_171604.jpgIMG_20160406_171818.jpgIMG_20160406_171824.jpgIMG_20160406_171834.jpgIMG_20160406_171852.jpgIMG_20160406_171531.jpg

For a size reference, it's smaller than a VW Mk1 Caddy.
IMG_20160406_171552.jpg

I'm more interested in what questions people have about it, rather than droning on and on about how great it is. Also, the best "Beat"-related pun in this thread wins... something.

It's a RWD convertible that revs to over 8,000 and has a manual.
It might have little power but it weights less than a group hug.
I am jealous, plain and simple.

How is it to drive? :D

Holly hell man, I really wanted one of these ever since I found out about kei cars. Congrats!
Thanks! IMO it's one of the simplest (see: goodest) kei cars because it isn't F/I. It gets a really unique engine noise because they opted for individual throttle bodies on all the... you know, three cylinders. Sure, there are faster kei cars, but none of them really sound like this one.

It's a RWD (mid-engined) convertible that revs to over 8,000 and has a manual.
How is it to drive? :D
You answered your own question. :lol: I'm slowly figuring it out and babying it up to the rev limit, and it's very eager to get up to what little (comparative) speed it has.

but you have me beat.
And we're off and running. Also, I was never dead, just lurking. You people have way too many "General Whatever" posts to follow these days. :p

General Whatever o7

The thing looks awesome, I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Whoa. I can't wait to hear the story on how you acquired it and/or it ended up on US soil (legally, I hope!).

Enjoy it! Sure beats walking! (also, doze door handles!)

Welcome to the Beat(en) generation.

Can you sense the fear, and the hatred, growing in the hearts of its population?

Always loved those. Very jealous.

Now that's something different. Props.

Size wise, how does it compare to the NA Miata? I figured its smaller, but how much smaller?

Whoa. I can't wait to hear the story on how you acquired it and/or it ended up on US soil (legally, I hope!).
It was imported through Hi-Rev Motors; a friend of mine tagged me right when they posted it on their Facebook page, and I spent about 45 minutes talking on the phone with their Midwest dealers (I live in St. Louis). Once they got a US-ified title, I made a midnight run up to them and picked it up. They were far and away the best dealers I've ever bought a car from, and I've bought many cars in my time.

(To quantify that statement, at the moment I own six cars)

Size wise, how does it compare to the NA Miata? I figured its smaller, but how much smaller?
The wheelbase is the same, actually. It's two feet shorter and one foot skinnier overall.

I want to park my MR2 next to it, but in order for that to happen one (or both) of us would have to endure a freeway road trip. How is it on the highway anyway?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it is mid-engined!

It's like an NSX, only cuter. :p

But seriously: that's my kind of car. Really really happy for you.

Last edited:
And I'm shocked this took so long:
[video=youtube;Ym0hZG-zNOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0hZG-zNOk[/video]

I want to park my MR2 next to it, but in order for that to happen one (or both) of us would have to endure a freeway road trip. How is it on the highway anyway?
I have no idea, because that's a terrifying proposition for me right now, as I'm still learning RHD and collision insurance means fuck all with this car. :lol:

But seriously: that's my kind of car. Really really happy for you.
Mine too: this car is second on my bucket list only to the 2G Viper GTS.

It's funny you say that, too, because a friend of mine remarked that I'll just put this niche car next to the rest of my niche cars.
tumblr_m9knmh4Wa51rdelzeo1_500.gif

I don't know what's more impressive, that you got a Honda Beat or that you're still alive on this forum. :p

:O This is awesome, congrats man. I love the black and red floormats. :lol:

Hopefully you won't beat the snot out of it....too much anyway!