Inside Line: 2014 Chevrolet SS

Stupid GM, bring over more than just the big V8 and call it the Impala. Job done.

But what will rental fleets (ok so they could buy the old one badged as "Classic" i guess...) and retireees who find buicks too fancy

But what will rental fleets (ok so they could buy the old one badged as "Classic" i guess...) and retireees who find buicks too fancy

Isn't that what the Malibu is for these days?

Isn't that what the Malibu is for these days?

Nope, Malibu (at least the last gen, the new one apparently drives like a floaty barge...) would likely be deemed not cushy enough and too small/narrow.

I see octogenarians in Impala's everywhere. Not so much malibu's.

I don't get it. A performance RWD coupe with a V8 and they've even stated that it will be a limited production car. So why not make it look decent? The thing is ugly as balls.

I don't get it. A performance RWD coupe with a V8 and they've even stated that it will be a limited production car. So why not make it look decent? The thing is ugly as balls.

Excuse me?

How is this ugly?

chevrolet-lumina-ss-based-on-the-holden-commodore_100390618_m.jpg

I know there's a lot of GM hate on here, but the VE is almost perfectly proportioned and stylish without being overblown.

And nobody outside GM actually knows how the thing gonna looks like yet. So you're judging it quite too early.

Excuse me?

How is this ugly?

I know there's a lot of GM hate on here, but the VE is almost perfectly proportioned and stylish without being overblown.

That's not the concept that is actually being circulated. That's just a Commodore with some Chevy badges. Here was the one Autoweek has been using:

2013SS.jpg

That, I think you'll agree, is ass ugly. And hopefully it won't actually look like that.

Also, I don't hate GM. I had a 2006 GTO (which was also a Holden) and have a Corvette now. :p

That's not the concept that is actually being circulated. That's just a Commodore with some Chevy badges. Here was the one Autoweek has been using:

View attachment 7045

That, I think you'll agree, is ass ugly. And hopefully it won't actually look like that.

Also, I don't hate GM. I had a 2006 GTO (which was also a Holden) and have a Corvette now. :p

If did look like that I'd go hunting for a G8 front clip. Actually, I'd do that regardless.
Pontiac 4 lyfe

View attachment 7045

Oh dear.

2012-Toyota-Camry-Australia-Version-011.jpg

No?

Also I'm sure I've seen that grille before?
01navi_m_m-600x400.jpg

If it instantly brings up images of Camry and Accord it's waaaay too generic.

I think the render looks fantastic. that IS the new corporate face for Chevrolet, so I wouldn't expect the car to look radically different.