instagr.am

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
So guys,

instagr.am came out on android a few days ago, and, aside from soe snide remarks from snobby iPhone owners, it's been a lot of fun so far. I know at least some of you have accounts and I thought it'd be cool if we could all see the pictures we're taking. In this thread we can share usernames as well as tips and tricks for taking ironically filtered and tilt-shifted shots. My account is 2Fast2Finkel and I've taken about 35 or so pics up until this point. Here are a few.

Espada under wraps

media

My uncle's BMW that I drove yesterday

media

991 in Boston

media

A shot from Stockholm

media

Really good effect on the 991 photo, which one is it?

I just got the app and starting to play around. No photos uploaded yet.

That shot of the 911 is beautiful, if only the picture was wallpaper sized.

The 991 shot was first edited in Vignette with the monochrome toy camera effect and then I put it in Instragram with something else, can't remember what to be honest.

I never saw the point of Instagram. It's not like it unlocks some hidden camera feature in your phone that you couldn't use before.

I can't figure out why people bitch because they want the camera in their phone to take DSLR quality photos, then use a program like this to make them look worse. :rolleyes:

Proper camera + Eye-Fi card so you can instantly transfer it to your phone and then tweet, e-mail, etc. it FTW!

I never saw the point of Instagram. It's not like it unlocks some hidden camera feature in your phone that you couldn't use before.

I didn't either until i installed it. Think of it more as Flickr for mobile devices. It's a photo sharing app which happens to have retro filters. There are better apps for only taking retro photos, like Camera Zoom, Vignette, Retro Camera etc. Or just use your regular camera and run them through one of the filter apps.

Btw i'm pihx on Instagram. No photos yet since i'm at home sick :/

It's actually quite convenient, as it autouploads photos with optional social networks share. Shame it came out so late for Android. I already use dropbox and picasa to autoupload most photos to the cloud, so I don't really see the need to use a third one. Still I had to try it out and took a quick pic from the balcony of my new place

0c778c1a80ae11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

I just take a photo with my camera regularly and then tweet it, or post it to my blog via the WordPress app.

It's really good because it's a receptacle for pics that don't really belong on other social networks. you might say that that's an excuse to upload your shitty work to somewhere other than facebook but I'm not sure. Facebook pictures are all about showing people how popular you are or how exotic your last vacation was. Instagram is more about the everyday. things you wouldn't have taken pictures of before but now can because there's a place for them.